The Senior Programmer Analyst works under the general direction of the DPM II. The position encompasses full range of
responsibilities that support the mainframe platform legacy applications. The position serves in a leadership role for a large and complex corporate database requiring an expert level of analytical skill and technical expertise. This includes:
• Being the lead technical resource for complex mainframe systems
• Providing the scope and definition of highly complex problems to lead and mentor team members to enhancing these
• Working independently, the incumbent designs and builds the most complex programs.
• Leads a team of programmers in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, configuration, implementation and maintenance of the most complex subsystems.
• Providing coordination with appropriate technical and business staff in all aspects of the development life cycle and ensures successful implementation of those systems.
• Taking a key role in exploring and applying new technology to solve new requests or increasing the efficiency of existing systems.
Please state your eligibility for this classification in the Explanations section of your application. All candidates will be considered, however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
290 - 381 - 1583 - 036
Technology Services Department
Final Filing Date:
Technology Services Department 450 N St, MIC 26 Sacramento 95814
Lety Medrano (916) 323-4329
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.