Title: ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) Salary: $4,619.00 - $6,074.00 Posted: 06/23/2014
When applying for this position, please reference ‘BF11437’ on your application
To be considered, you must have eligibility as a Associate Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) or be reachable on the Associate Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) eligibility list. A transfer from a comparable classification may be considered. Appointments may be restricted to General Reemployment, SROA or surplus State employees.
Financial Reporting & Systems Department has an opening for Business Analyst in the area of Systems Development related to Finance at 333 Bush Street, in San Francisco. In this engaging position, the incumbent will provide support to State Fund management regarding analysis, design, documentation of BI requirements/dashboard, and document UAT test scripts of management reporting systems and dashboards that reflect and support the Business Intelligence needs of the State Fund; works with decision makers to provide analysis of business information leading to actions that provide business value; participates with the Operational Business partners, IT Business partners, vendors and other IT groups in the development and testing of financial and operational systems to meet business needs and based on user specifications; write detailed business requirement documentation; serve as a technical resource for Business Intelligence development/implementation, problem solving, and training on inter-intra departmental committees and projects; facilitate financial system projects, report status and issues timely to team lead, project manager or manager and promote high quality, scalability and timely completion of projects.
In all aspects of the performance of these duties, the incumbent will:
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships and uphold principles of integrity in the workplace.
* Provide quality customer service in a timely manner.
* Take “ownership” of each customer contact to address needs and endeavor to meet State Fund’s objectives.
* Help in the retention of all State Fund customers as appropriate.
* Follow State Fund’s Equal Employment Opportunity principles.
* Maintain a safe work environment.
* Defend State Fund against fraudulent activities.
* Maintain regular and predictable attendance and/or communication availability during working hours.
Our ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Working knowledge of Business Objects, .Net and MS Excel, Power Point, Word, SharePoint, SQL, and other Business Intelligence (BI) and ad hoc Query tools.
* Working knowledge of the State Fund organization, Regional Office and Corporate functions, and business policies and procedures.
* Understanding of various State Fund functions as they impact Underwriting, Marketing, Claims, HR, Legal and Finance.
* Understanding of relational database concepts and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), including Oracle, SQL and/or DB2.
* Working knowledge of data management concepts and strategies including applicability to business problems and supporting technologies such as data quality, metadata management, master data management, data warehousing,
operational data stores and business intelligence.
* Working knowledge of State Fund standard software applications.
* Familiarity with of application system development life cycle methodology.
*Equivalent to graduation from college, with specialization in accounting and/or completion of professional accounting curriculum.
Established in 1914 by the state legislature State Fund is California’s largest provider of workers’ compensation insurance and a vital asset to California businesses. State Fund supports California’s entrepreneurial spirit and plays a stabilizing role in California’s economy by maintaining an open door policy ensuring all employers have a strong and stable option for their workers’ compensation needs.
State Fund offers diverse and comprehensive products and services that provide peace of mind for employers and injured employees with fast, reliable claims service and medical and indemnity benefits. State Fund’s accident prevention services and return to work programs—provided to policyholders at no additional cost—help keep workplaces safe, get employees back to work sooner after an injury, and ultimately help save businesses money.
With approximately 150,000 policyholders, more than $1.2 billion in premium, and nearly $20 billion in assets, State Fund is a competitive insurance provider and a stabilizing force in California’s economy.
State Fund’s Vision, Values, and Purpose
To be recognized as the industry leader and best value in California
State Fund’s purpose is to provide fairly priced workers’ compensation insurance, make workplaces safe, and restore injured workers.
(1)Prior to employment with State Fund, a background investigation (BI) will be conducted. The BI consists of a Personal History Statement and will check criminal and civil records and, if applicable, verify education and check driving records.
(2)Applications must be postmarked and/or received no later then the final filing date
(3)Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. If not contacted within four weeks the position has potentially been filled.
(4)Applications will not be considered if the application is not completed appropriately and/or if required additional information is not submitted with the application
How to Apply:
This position may become permanent in the future. Interested Individuals should submit a STD 678 Examination and/or Employment Application, and a current resume to the address below. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their letter. The STD 678 can be accessed through the CalHR website at www.jobs.ca.gov
If you need to attain Associate Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) list eligibility, you may view the official exam bulletin and register and complete the Associate Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) Open exam please access the following link: https://jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/PB309.PDF