Job Description: Please write “CDIAC Student Assistant 318-001-4870-900” on your state application/resume. Transcripts and proof of enrollment are required.
Under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I, performs the following duties:
• Input debt issuance information from reports filed with the Commission into the Debt Issuance Database and audits the results of other staff.
• Reviews proposed and sold issuance reports.
• Checks basic input and output documents for problems and alerts senior analysts or supervisor of any report or data discrepancies that cannot be resolved through routine contacts.
• Assists with review and tracking of negotiated refunding and Mello-Roos reported to CDIAC.
• Prepares less complex and sensitive comparisons of debt issuance for specific periods of time.
• Develops automated spreadsheets for basic analysis of debt information.
• Compiles and analyzes information reported on public debt issuance which may include types of debt financing instruments, the use of bonds proceeds, agency types, and competitive and negotiated debt offerings.
• Prepares correspondence and conducts less complex research in response to technical assistance requests.
• Analyzes, inputs, and audits historical debt issuance information from the reports filed with the Commission.
• Develops internal controls to ensure that the procedures for entering current year data are consistent with prior year procedures or reflect changes made to the database.
• Advises supervisors and managements on variances in the reporting system.
• Computer skills, including PC word processing and spreadsheets.
• Ability to communicate effectively, as well as to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted daily.
• Good work habits and dependability.
• Ability to gather data.
• Ability to work independently and accurately under very restrictive time frames, while adjusting to changing conditions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fingerprinting and Background Check are required.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Individuals who possess the qualifications listed above and are currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 college units. Please complete the Standard State Application (Form 678), found here.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.