Title: SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST III (TECHNICAL) Salary: $6,110.00 - $8,030.00 Posted: 05/15/2014
When applying for this position, please reference ‘BF11346’ or position number 402-346-1367 on your application
This vacancy may be restricted to State SROA/Surplus & Gen Re-Employment candidates. To be considered you must have eligibility as a Systems Software Specialist III (Technical) or be reachable on the Systems Software Specialist III (Technical) exam list. Transfer candidates may be considered.
* Development of IOS/Policy Management Systems
* Data Migration/conversion
* Building of Applications to support back office operations which include data acquisition, data cleansing, data consolidation and data dissemination
* Documentation of existing systems
The tasks for this Architect and Lead .NET Developer include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide Development support for the Data Mart and back office Projects
• Lead other software engineers to design and implement well-integrated products
• Define and evolve the architecture for the system.
• Expert in all technical aspects of the product
• Evaluate and recommend appropriate technologies based on product needs and industry trends
• Develop creative solutions and write technical design & architecture documents
• Provide work estimates for proposed projects
• Cross-train developers on product features that are implemented
• Constantly look for better processes for projecting and improving project profitability
• Perform hands-on software design and development in .NET
• Develop and execute unit tests for product components
• Establish architectural standards and best practices
• Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
• Work closely with management to determine feasibility of product features
• Establish standards and Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
• Promote high quality, scalability, and timely completion of projects
Desired Demonstrable Skills:
The Lead.NET Developer shall possess 7+ years technical knowledge and experience with most of the following systems, platforms, applications, and skills:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
* 7+ years of software development experience
* 3+ years of proven technical lead and architect experience
* Proficient in ASP.NET as well as ASP.NET MVC web frameworks
* Development experience in an enterprise-class system with multi-tier architecture
* Must have .NET Web application architecture, design, & development experience
* Broad experience with .NET Framework 3.5 or above including WPF, WCF, & WF
* Expert in ASP.NET MVC, Web Forms, & Entity Framework
* Expert in ADO.NET / WFC Data Services and familiar with LINQ
* Expert with Design patterns, SOA design & web service development
* Strong experience in developing for high-availability clustered environments
* Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
* Strong communication and writing skills
* Comfortable working in a flexible Agile development environment
* Solid understanding of data warehouse concepts, data-marts & MDM.
* Should be able to write reports using various reports generation tools and languages
* Custom development utilizing Microsoft SharePoint, BizTalk, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, MDM, and DQS will be a plus
* Expert knowledge of SQL statements
* Prior experience in the insurance industry is a plus
* Microsoft certifications desirable
Desirable Core Competencies:
* Act with integrity;
* Use sound judgment;
* Commit to quality;
* Demonstrate adaptability;
* Think strategically;
* Communicate effectively and influence others; and
* Work well both independently and as part of a team.
These positions may become permanent in the future
State Fund offers various forms of Tuition Reimbursement Programs for permanent employees.
Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
Established in 1914 by the state legislature State Fund is California’s largest provider of workers’ compensation insurance and a vital asset to California businesses. State Fund supports California’s entrepreneurial spirit and plays a stabilizing role in California’s economy by maintaining an open door policy ensuring all employers have a strong and stable option for their workers’ compensation needs.
State Fund offers diverse and comprehensive products and services that provide peace of mind for employers and injured employees with fast, reliable claims service and medical and indemnity benefits. State Fund’s accident prevention services and return to work programs—provided to policyholders at no additional cost—help keep workplaces safe, get employees back to work sooner after an injury, and ultimately help save businesses money.
With approximately 150,000 policyholders, more than $1.2 billion in premium, and nearly $20 billion in assets, State Fund is a competitive insurance provider and a stabilizing force in California’s economy.
State Fund’s Vision, Values, and Purpose
To be recognized as the industry leader and best value in California
State Fund’s purpose is to provide fairly priced workers’ compensation insurance, make workplaces safe, and restore injured workers.
(1)Prior to employment with State Fund, a background investigation (BI) will be conducted. The BI consists of a Personal History Statement and will check criminal and civil records and, if applicable, verify education and check driving records.
(2)Applications must be postmarked and/or received no later then the final filing date
(3)Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. If not contacted within four weeks the position has potentially been filled.
(4)Applications will not be considered if the application is not completed appropriately and/or if required additional information is not submitted with the application
How to Apply:
Interested Individuals should submit a STD 678, Examination and/or Employment Application, and a current resume to the address below. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their letter. The STD 678 can be accessed through the CalHR website at www.jobs.ca.gov
If you need to attain Systems Software Specialist III (Technical) list eligibility, you may view the official exam bulletin and register and complete the Systems Software Specialist III (Technical) Open exam please access the following link: https://jobs.ca.gov/Bulletin/Bulletin/Index?examCD=8PB6703