Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,660.00 Posted: 04/04/2014
Interested individuals should submit a STD 678, Examination and/or Employment Application to the address listed under “Contact Information”. Please indicate your eligibility and reference the position number/location in the “Job Title” section of the application. The STD. 678 can be accessed at www.calhr.ca.gov. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview.
Applications WILL NOT be accepted via e-mail. All hiring methods will be considered.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR MULTIPLE POSITIONS YOU MUST SUBMIT A STATE APPLICATION FOR EACH POSITION.
CSFO/SDS Desktop Support: Under the supervision of the Desktop Support & Preproduction Readiness Unit Support Senior Information Systems Analyst Supervisor, the Staff Information Systems Analyst (SISA) provides support to customers using the Department’s Information Technology mission critical and business essential computer systems. The SISA will provide 1ST and 2nd level standard desktop support. The incumbent will also provide backup support to the Service Desk who documents, troubleshoots, and tracks service disruptions in the above-mentioned systems. This also involves playing an active role in production readiness. The SISA will operate within a largely unsupervised environment but within a clear accountability framework.
Overtime to be worked during the month, all efforts will be made to give advanced notice to accommodate schedule. Traveling will be required to local Institutions within 50 miles and to Institutions statewide. Statewide travel will require overnight stays during the week, all efforts will be made to give advanced notice to accommodate schedule. Lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds, using the approved lifted procedures, is required in this position.
Knowledge: This is the staff level and the incumbents at this level are expected to be familiar with generally accepted information technology concepts, practices, methods, and principles. Because of the organization’s complex environment and diverse user population, the incumbents (1) must be familiar with the major computing environments and platforms commonly used in each setting, (2) must possess the ability to utilize the reporting relationships, chain of command, etc., in communicating a wide array of business problems, (3) must be thoroughly familiar with general security concerns and common procedures for data back-up and recovery, and (4) must possess an understanding of the business enterprise of the organization, including an appreciation for the salient political and regulatory issues faced by its management.
Specific responsibilities: The duties of the Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) include, but are not limited to the following:
50% User Support
• Provide second level desktop support by resolving problems of moderate to the most complex in nature.
• Responsible for the installation, inventory, configuration, implementation and maintenance of networked hardware and software.
• Support customers experiencing hardware problems of moderate to the most complex nature.
• Support application system users.
• Assist team in root cause analysis to implement or recommend implementation of solutions to customer reported problems.
• Recommend incident control/problem management process improvements based on analysis of current process and service delivery targets.
• Visit user offices and views their operations to better understand user constraints and needs.
• Research and solve problems beyond the expertise of the 1st level support. Document the resolution; train the Service Desk to resolve future issues of this nature.
• Works directly with 3rd level support on resolving customer issues; follow up as needed.
• Provide backup to Field Institutions Desktop Support as needed.
• Travel to local offsite customers and working alternate hours required to support needs of business and customers.
• Assists with support, user training, and inventory tracking for mobile devices such as Blackberries, aircards, etc.
• Trouble shoot users computers by use of remote tools whenever possible to resolve issues.
15% Application Software Development
• Participates in the analysis of system requirements and user specifications.
• Participates in hardware and software procurement.
• Prepares application system and user documentation.
• Participates in and at times conducts user training activities.
10% Project Management
• Participates in preparation of project plans and proposals.
• Leads IT projects; i.e., equipment refresh, through the project life cycle.
• Leads small to moderate size deployments of new workstations and applications.
10% Strike Team Participant
• Participates as part of a team constructed from various IT units to deploy and resolve critical computer issues that may affect the security of the CDCR network and computer resources at the various institutions.
• Aids and may even lead as part of the Strike Team special project computer deployment when needed at various institutions.
• Participates in formal and informal training programs to strengthen analytical skills and enhance knowledge of software tools and packages which would prove beneficial to end-users.
• Develops and conducts end user training for new software, tools, etc.
5% Technical Liaison
• Reviews plans, designs, and system specifications developed by other project teams, to develop technical expertise and to identify necessary interfaces with assigned project.
• Prepares, presents, and attends walk-throughs.
• Participates in disaster recovery planning and testing.
5% Methodologies and Standards
• Participates in development of division-wide methodologies and standards.
• Researches and recommends new technologies.
ALL HIRES SUBJECT TO HIRING FREEZE AND/OR BUDGET APPROVAL
065 - 629 - 1312 - 013
9838 Old Placerville Rd, Rancho Cordova 95827
Final Filing Date:
Enterprise Information Services 1940 Birkmont Dr Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.