All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Under the supervision of the Staff Services Manager II, the Staff Services Analyst (SSA) is responsible for professional analytical work of average difficulty in a wide variety of sensitive analytical staff services assignments; performs varied and complex research, analysis, and formulation of program policies and procedures; conducts and/or reviews analytical studies; identifies and proposes recommendations; works closely with and provides advice and consultation to other legal management and associate-level staff; develops, improves, and implements procedures for analysis, and identifies and proposes recommendations on issues affecting the Legal Department; designs, creates, maintains and utilizes a variety of databases and systems for analyzing Legal Department programs and activities; and, provides assistance to other leads in the Legal Department under the direction of the Staff Services Manager II. Please see http://www.boe.ca.gov/exams/vacinfo.htm as well as the Staff Services Analyst (General) Classification Specifications for more information. This position utilizes the Staff Services Analyst (General) exam. The position is located in a high-rise building.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position and granted an interview, you must complete and submit a Supplemental Questionnaire with your STD-678 – Standard State Application. When answering the supplemental questions, please respond in typed double spaced pages. Please respond to the following supplemental statements:
1. What is the Board’s policy on confidentiality?
2. Please describe your experience and/or knowledge of the Board of Equalization’s appeals process.
3. Please describe your experience in working with the Board of Equalization’s mainframe computer system, IRIS, and the Microsoft application Excel.
4. Please describe your ability to work as a team member on a project.
5. Please describe your experience working with changing priorities concerning time-sensitive issues.
6. Please describe your ability to resolve complex issues.
7. Keeping in mind the normal workflow demand, how would you prioritize a special project assignment and what resources would you use when completing the assignment?
290 - 311 - 5157 - XXX
Legal Dept - Tax and Fee Programs Div
Final Filing Date:
Legal Dept - Tax and Fee Programs Div. 450 N Street, MIC: 04 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.