“Will consider both levels for recruitment purposes”
PLEASE STATE THE SOURCE OF YOUR ELIGIBILITY. (I.E., LIST, TRANSFER, SROA, SURPLUS EMPLOYEE, ETC.) Please provide proof of meeting the educational requirements of the classification you are applying for. ( i.e., college degree or transcripts of completed number of units or showing degrees obtained.) If you do NOT indicate the source of your eligibility, you may not be considered. List the number “AGPA, 345-002-5393-001” or “SSA, 345-002-5157-xxx” on your application/resume.
Under the general direction of the Treasury Program Manager II of the California Pollution Control Financing Authority (CPCFA or Authority), this position will be the lead staff responsible for carrying out and implementing the Authority’s primary business functions, including procurement, basic budgeting and accounting, electronic file management, and etc. The complexity of the duties will be modified to be consistent with the classification of the candidate hired.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Performs the more complex analysis involved with special research projects that affect the administration of the Authority’s financing programs, including involvement in the FI$CAL project, procurement, and budgeting activities, and acting as the liaison for the Authority with the various control agencies involved in these areas.
• Performs complex analysis to draft staff summaries, reports and recommendations to management to effectuate any necessary changes to the Authority’s business processes.
• Performs research and analysis on legislation affecting the Authority’s administrative requirements and processes.
To view a copy of the duty statement, please visit www.treasurer.ca.gov/careers.
• Knowledge and understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, basic accounting principles and internal controls.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, conduct research and prepare analysis and recommendations for management consideration.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using proper grammar, including the preparation of internal procedures to improve administrative effectiveness and efficiency.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and highly organized work habits.
• Ability to function effectively in an electronic office, well-versed and skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat, and ability to quickly learn CPCFA’s customized database systems, as essential tools in the workplace.
• Ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects at one time, and able to shift priorities quickly.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with Authority staff, other agencies, and outside vendors.
• Ability to work independently, with tact, and in a team environment.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, small, service-oriented stated agency prioritizing accountability, transparency and customer service.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fingerprinting and Background Check are required.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Individuals who possess the qualifications listed above and are interested in a lateral transfer or have list eligibility as a Staff Services Analyst or Associate Governmental Program Analyst. Should you have any questions, please visit www.jobs.ca.gov.
This position is subject to SROA clearance policies. Surplus employees who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply. Employees in the State Treasurer’s Office and the Authorities and Commissions are encouraged to apply if interested in the position.
Staff Services Analyst
345 - 002 - 5157 - xxx
Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSOCIATE GOVERNMENTAL PROGRAM ANALYST $4,400.00 - $5,508.00
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.