FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR II FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,573.00 - $7,326.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Section Manager of the FADS, you act as an Assistant Section Manager. Through subordinate supervisors, you plan and direct the activities of a unit of tax professionals and/or technicians engaged in discovery activities aimed at increasing compliance and self-assessment and the detection and prevention of fraud and identity theft. You manage and direct a staff responsible for research, detection, and remediation of tax under-reporting, false reporting, non-filing (including issuing assessments and/or responding to taxpayers who contact FTB as a result of our assessments), and/or fraud detection. You are responsible for program evaluation, effectiveness, reporting, and education and outreach. You manage and direct a staff responsible for support activities for the Filing Compliance Bureau or section. You will be responsible for succesfully implementing new systems (EDR, etc.) and/or programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of the operation of the FTB programs and how they relate, impact and support each other.
- Knowledge of Personal Income Tax laws and/or Business Entities Tax laws.
- Knowledge of TI.
- Ability to develop and implement tactical and operational plans and lead the organization (i.e. unit, section etc.) in achieving its goals.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build teams.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternatives.
- Ability to gain and maintain the confidence of others to promote morale and improve working relationships with staff, peers and others.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive, productive, and creative work environment that engages employees.
- Skill to manage call center activities and/or production environments.
- Skill to manage analytical efforts.
- Project management experience.
- Skill to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
- Skill to recognize and implement opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Ability to understand technology impacts to business areas.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR) experience.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written page in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Jennifer Roussel at M/S F-151. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
RPA #'s 1314-3425 & 3426
- Describe a situation where you fostered a highly motivated and productive work environment during times of change.
- What did you do?
- What was the result?
- What challenges did you face?
- Please also include the following information as it relates to your response:
- Employer(s) Name
- Your position/Title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name and phone number who can verify the information
|Assistant Section Manager
||564 - 768 - 4357 - 001
|Fraud & Discovery Section (FAD)
|Final Filing Date:
P. O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.