FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: OFFICE SERVICES MANAGER I
Salary: $3,975.00 - $4,976.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator II, the incumbent is responsible for managing a group of up to four Tax Program Supervisors in the day to day operations of the Business Entity Production Unit, including planning, organizing and directing staff. The incumbent maintains good communication with BES management in the exchange of critical information to meet our operational goals, ensure effectiveness, and build a positive team. The incumbent will monitor staffing and align resources as needed to meet performance goals. The incumbent will prepare production and status reports and evaluate staff performance while managing the inventory for your group. The incumbent will work cooperatively to make recommendations or changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency for timely services and quality products.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Demonstrate dependability, reliability and initiative while creating an environment promoting high job satisfaction, success, trust and support to others.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, motivate, and build teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative working relationships with others at all levels.
- Ability to gather information, analyze problems, develop and evaluate alternatives and risks, and determine a course of action that fosters collaboration.
- Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Ability to foster and encourage positive relationships, and demonstrate empathy and understanding.
- Ability to develop and apply an appropriate communication style to a wide range of situations.
- Ability to operate job related equipment including the use of basic computer programs and systems related to the job.
- Ability to anticipate the impact of changes, demonstrate flexibility and willingness to embrace changes and successfully lead and implement complex changes.
- Ability to make sound decisions using tact and good judgment.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written page in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
- Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a difference of opinion with a co-worker/customer/supervisor. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Ramona Krabbenhoft at M/S F-130. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- Please include the following information as it relates to your response:
- Employer name(s)
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name and phone number who can verify the information.
|Production Group Manager
||564 - 760 - 1103 - 001
|Business Entities Production Support
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.