Job Description: Special Requirements:
As part of the application process for this position, please include the position number on your application under the “Job Title” section. Additionally, complete the statement of qualification questions which are listed below. The statement of qualifications must be submitted with your application and your response should be no longer than 3 pages. Applications submitted without the position number or statement of qualifications will not receive further consideration for this position.
1. Describe your experience in communicating (verbally and in writing) and working with external agencies, BOE management and tax/fee payers.
2. The Business Taxes Compliance Specialist appointed to this position will be responsible for training and motivating staff. Describe your experience and skills in a leadership role. Include your experience as a lead person or trainer.
3. This position will be responsible for reviewing and approving assignments. Describe your experience in reviewing completed staff work.
4. Being the lead subject matter expert for a program can be challenging. Provide us with the steps you would take to ensure success in meeting this challenge.
5. Describe your knowledge of Assembly Bill X1 29 (AB X1 29) and how it impacts our fee payers. Please list the elements required to establish if a feepayer would be registered for this program. Describe how you would provide an explanation of this information to a feepayer that is inquiring why he/she was billed for this program.
6. Please explain what criteria a feepayer needs to meet when filing a Petition for Redetermination in regards to the program established under AB X1 29. Provide examples of what types of documentation that the fee payer should submit in order to support his/her claim.
Statement of Position
Under general supervision of the Business Taxes Administrator (BTA) I, the incumbent independently performs the more complex activities including; review and approval of assignments, working the more difficult compliance and collection cases and being a technical resource for staff. Additional duties include special projects that impact the department, division, or section. Duties also include developing policies or procedures related to compliance or administrative issues and training other staff in various areas. The incumbent also handles special assignments and other duties as needed. The position is located in a high-rise building. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
290 - 493 - 8694 - 012
STPCD-Return Processing Section
Final Filing Date:
Business Taxes Compliance Specialist 450 N Street, MIC: 88 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.