Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,660.00 Posted: 02/07/2014
A position is available with the Media Production Services team of the Outreach Services Division at the California State Board of Equalization (BOE).
This position will serve as a lead for the execution and support of web broadcast streaming services, internal video network broadcasts, and for online learning courses distributed via a live web broadcast /stream. The incumbent will continually analyze and evaluate all aspects of the unit’s web broadcasting capabilities and services working to identify improvements, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
Working closely with the Staff Services Manager, the Outreach Services Division, and the External Affairs Department the person in this position will interact with mid-to-upper level BOE management, BOE program staff, and Board Member staff. Good interpersonal skills are a definite plus.
Must be willing to work in a high rise building. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Travel required 10-15% of the time. For more information email for a copy of the Duty Statement.
**You must have current list eligibility or be a former or current state employee to apply for this position. Please clearly provide eligibility information on the state application.
Applicants must submit a completed state application (STD-678). Applicants must also submit responses to the supplemental questions to be considered.
(Please answer questions below. Do not exceed 2 pages total for all responses.)
1. The position requires a high-degree of experience with web broadcasting.
Please clearly describe your experience in this area. Provide specific examples of the types of broadcasts you have executed successfully.
2. The position requires the knowledge, skills, and ability to execute web broadcasts originating from many possible locations in the state. What elements are necessary and critical for a successful web broadcast?
3. Please provide the elements you take into consideration when evaluating a site as a possible location for a web broadcast of an official government meeting.
4. Please provide the specific software applications and hardware that relate to web broadcasting that you are proficient with.
5. Please describe your experience working with a web streaming contractor. Please describe the functions you were responsible for when working with the contractor.
For more information on how to become a state employee, please log on to www.jobs.ca.gov.
290 - 343 - 1312 - XXX
Outreach Services Division
Final Filing Date:
Outreach Services Division 450 N Street, MIC: 06 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.