**Please note the California Health Benefit Exchange/Covered California will be moving to the Cal Expo area in April 2014** Join us as part of the California Health Benefit Exchange (Exchange), also known as Covered California (CC), a new Department which will improve the health of all Californians by assuring their access to affordable, high quality care. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals seeking an Office Technician (Typing) position to join our team.
There is one vacancy in the following Program Area:
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT DIVISION
The Financial Management Division of the Health Benefit Exchange is responsible for the accounting, auditing, and financial planning and analysis functions. Currently it works in collaboration with the Department of Social Services to accomplish these activities. Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Chief (CEA II), the Office Technician (T), will provide clerical support to all staff of the Financial Management Division.
• As the office receptionist, demonstrate initiative, independence and originality in performing assigned duties. The OT will handle incoming calls and greet visitors to the office. Forwards employee inquiries to appropriate staff and answers queries from the public. Serves as back-up to the Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Maintain chronological files, correspondence, grant reports, and financial files for the division. Assists in compiling, copying, and assembling materials in support of Board meetings, budget briefings, etc. Formats, proofreads, and corrects grammar/spelling/punctuation for correspondence. Finalizes correspondence, memoranda and reports using Microsoft Word.
• Opens, sorts, date stamps, and distributes incoming mail. Processes outgoing mail. Distributes travel expense claim checks.
• Performs the duties of the attendance clerk and processes timesheets for staff; conducts monthly reviews of the Leave Balance reports and updates senior management as necessary on utilization issues. Maintains office personnel files.
• Follow existing procedures and develop new procedures on various office operational issues. Provides training to Exchange staff as necessary to orient personnel to changes in existing/new procedures.
• Schedule meetings and arranges for conference rooms, conference calls, and auditorium space as necessary for staff at the Exchange.
• Manages office supplies and ensures orders are complete.
• Completes travel arrangements for staff at the Exchange; ensures that the most economical travel solution is used.
• Knowledge of operating equipment (e.g., computer software/programs, typewriter, dictation/transcription machine, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, postage machine, telecommunications devices, shredder, fire equipment, etc.) to process documents and forms, disseminate information to other external agencies, general public and HBEX staff.
• Knowledge of modern office methods (e.g., filing systems, tracking systems, desk procedures, written/verbal communication, time management, phone etiquette, record keeping, data entry, etc.) to maintain and retrieve information, respond to inquiries from staff and the public, etc.
• Knowledge of supplies (e.g., printing toner, forms, paper, file folders, staples, writing instruments, first aid kit, office furniture, etc.), in order to routinely inventory and maintain office supplies.
• Knowledge of requisition procedures to procure and maintain office supply inventory (e.g., inventory, supply catalogs, Standard Form 115, Standard Form 954, etc.), in order to maintain a well-equipped Office.
• Knowledge of grammatical structure (e.g., proper sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, etc.
The Exchange is fast-paced with a need for creativity, self-motivation and organizational skills. If you are interested in a challenging, opportunity in a highly team oriented environment you are encouraged to apply.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
You must have eligibility in one of the following areas: List, lateral transfer, reinstatement, or surplus:
1. Schedule and take the Office Technician (Typing) examination. To do so, please view the exam bulletin at: http://jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/9PB38.PDF.
2. Once you have taken and successfully passed the examination, you will be added to the eligibility list.
3. Now you are eligible to apply for a job vacancy for that classification.
4. All applicants must submit a signed Standard State Application (STD 678) to the address provided below.
5. Indicate the basis of your eligibility in the Explanations field on the first page of your standard state application.
SROA/surplus/reemployment employees are encouraged to apply. Surplus candidates must attach a copy of their surplus letter.
All methods of appointment may be considered. Applications will be reviewed and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
Benefit information can be found on the CalHR website, www.calhr.ca.gov, and the CalPERS website, www.calpers.ca.gov.
Office Technician (T)
801 - 160 - 1139 - 001
California Health Benefit Exchange/Covered California
Final Filing Date:
California Health Benefit Exchange (DP 001) 560 J Street, Suite 290 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.