Title: BUSINESS TAXES SPECIALIST I, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,328.00 - $6,670.00 Posted: 02/04/2014
Under general supervision of the Supervising Tax Auditor II, the incumbent independently performs Automated Schedules Process (ASP) account reviews/desk audits and works special projects. The incumbent analyzes and resolves reporting discrepancies identified by the ASP. In addition, this position may act as lead person in charge in the absence of the supervisor. This position may require travel up to 10% of the time. The position is located in a high-rise building. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
Candidates must submit a supplemental application to be considered for this position. This supplemental application will assist in reviewing your qualifications for the advertised Business Taxes Specialist I vacancy. To be considered for interview, responses to the following questions must be submitted with your application.
1. Describe how your education, work experience, and skills have prepared you for this position.
2. Describe your experience in processing petition and refund cases, including review/analysis of audit reports and additional supporting documentation provided by tax/fee payers.
3. Describe your experience in communicating with tax/fee payers both verbally and in writing.
4. Describe your experience in training new staff. What steps did you take to insure that staff was ready to work independently in a reasonable amount of time?
5. Describe your experience in analyzing complex audit issues.
6. Describe your experience in reviewing and editing staff’s work. What steps did you take when staff disagreed with your recommended changes?
290 - 494 - 4380 - 058
PSTD/Appeals and Data Analysis Branch
Final Filing Date:
PSTD/Appeals and Data Analysis Branch 450 N Street, MIC: 33 Sacramento, CA 95814
Pam Warner (916) 322-7270
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.