Title: BUSINESS TAXES SPECIALIST I, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,328.00 - $6,670.00 Posted: 02/04/2014
Under the general supervision of the Supervising Tax Auditor II, the Business Taxes Specialist is the lead auditor for the Special Taxes programs, and independently performs work related to the most complex appeals cases. This position is involved in performing functions in audit review and processing determinations. This position follows general directions for the many varied duties that are performed and must continually exercise good judgment and initiative in order to complete tasks with a minimum of supervision.
This auditor is responsible for knowing all facets of these programs including audit issues, headquarters operations, appeals process and policies and procedures. Advises the headquarters and field audit staff on these procedures and is responsible for the training of new headquarters personnel in these matters. This position may require travel up to 25% of the time. The position is located in a high-rise building. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
Candidates must submit a supplemental application to be considered for this position. This supplemental application will assist in reviewing your qualifications for the advertised Business Taxes Specialist I vacancy. To be considered for interview, responses to the following questions must be submitted with your application.
1. Describe how your education, work experience, and skills have prepared you for this position.
2. Describe your experience in processing petition and refund cases, including review/analysis of audit reports and additional supporting documentation provided by tax/fee payers.
3. Describe your experience in communicating with tax/fee payers both verbally and in writing.
4. Describe your experience in training new staff. What steps did you take to insure that staff was ready to work independently in a reasonable amount of time?
5. Describe your experience in analyzing complex audit issues.
6. Describe your experience in reviewing and editing staff’s work. What steps did you take when staff disagreed with your recommended changes?
290 - 494 - 4380 - 054
PSTD/Appeals and Data Analysis Branch
Final Filing Date:
PSTD/Appeals and Data Analysis Branch 450 N Street, MIC: 33 Sacramento, CA 95814
Pam Warner (916) 322-7270
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.