Title: FISH AND WILDLIFE SEASONAL AID Salary: $9.76 - $10.66 Posted: 02/03/2014
• Willingness to work irregular hours including weekends/holidays and to wear a uniform.
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
• Good communication skills. Experience working with the public strongly recommended.
• Training in the safe operation and maintenance of various power tools is desired.
• Clean fish ponds and hatchery troughs, rearing tanks and raceways using various tools such as brushes, scrapers, pressure washer, buckets and sponges.
• Feed fish. Assist in care of eggs and fry and grading of fish.
• Maintain facilities which includes painting, cleaning buildings and equipment. Perform landscape maintenance, such as mowing weeds and lawn, pruning trees, hedges and shrubs. Perform maintenance on vehicles and mechanical equipment.
• Assist Hatchery Manager in planting fish in streams, rivers, and lakes. Requires loading fish in trucks and placing fish in buckets to carry to stream.
Contact: Tom Grove, (209) 989-2312, firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (209) 989-2701.
How to Apply: Mail or fax a standard State Application Form (STD 678) and resume, if desired, to:
Tom Grove, Department of Fish and Wildlife, PO Box 159, Moccasin, CA 95347
• Priority consideration will be given to any person receiving state public assistance under the CalWORKS program.
• Applicants who receive state public assistance need to identify their status as a CalWORKS recipient in the comments area on the application.
• Applicants must submit a verification of their CalWORKS eligibility status, which may include the most recent Notice of Action showing TANF eligibility or a copy of your last aid check stub. If verification is not submitted with the application, the application will not be processed. (Applicants may obtain verification from the CalWORKS program).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering equal opportunity to all regardless of sex, race, religion, ancestry, disability, or sexual orientation.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.