FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR IV, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $7,453.00 - $8,887.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Director of National Business Audit Region Territory, you are responsible for the management of the Department’s Midwest Region Business Audit Program. In this capacity, your responsibility includes all planning, evaluation, budgeting, staffing and policy development necessary for the successful operation of the Midwest Region Business Audit Program. This includes compliance related activities for the professional
corporate audits ranging in size from mid-size corporations operating in several staes to the largest, most complex multinational corporations with significant impact to the state of California, and related bank and corporation tax laws.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Strong technical knowledge of California and federal tax laws, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to personal income tax, pass through entities, and corporations.
- Strong knowledge of the organization and operation of Department programs and how they relate and support other programs administered by the Department.
- Strong knowledge of FTB Audit tax policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to recognize a change in tax laws, rules and/or regulations that would impact the tax programs and the ability to lead staff through the changing processes or programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members in the various Audit Programs and throughout FTB on matters having an impact to tax programs.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and manage long term, short term and operational plans for multiple workloads, priorities and deliverables and lead the section in achieving its goals.
- Ability to identify and manage business improvement changes, including technology solutions.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including the ability to convey legislative or technical tax information in an understandable manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to engage staff in a collaborative way to empower them and create a positive work environment.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment where priorities frequently change.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, and showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Marian McKenna at M/S F-381. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
|Midwest Region Business Audit Program Manager
||564 - 370 - 4346 - 005
|Business Audit Midwest Region - Chicago
||Not In CA
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.