Under the direct Supervision of an Office Services Supervisor II, using independent initiative and judgment, the Office Assistant will perform general clerical functions using office equipment such as, but not limited to, an OPEX extractor machine, an OPEX scanner and an adding machine. The incumbent is responsible for placing trays of unopened mail onto the OPEX table extractor to allow machine to cut and open mail; verifying payments and documents including tax remittances; Electronically processing daily checks and/or other documents by OPEX desk scanners; Using an adding machine accurately add tax remittances for reconciling purposes; Batching tax remittances by verifying dollar amounts and account numbers; Processing each sales & special tax batch by verifying data and timely receipt, and sorting appropriately. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Applicants must submit STD 678 Application. Applications must be received by final filing date. Pending HR Approval. The position is located in a high-rise building. The position requires the incumbent to be fingerprinted. A LEAP Certification List will be utilized.
Special requirements: In addition to the STD 678, no more than one-page typed response to the following questions must be submitted with your application:
1. You have multiple items that your manager has asked you to work on. Explain how you would prioritize your workload.
2. Name three types of Excise Taxes at the Board of Equalization.
3. Explain what the CAR and LAR is on a check.
4. You are a business owner in the State of California and it is time to calculate taxes owed to the Board of Equalization. Your gross sales are $124,000, with a total of $86,000 in non-taxable sales. The current tax rate is 8.25%, what is the amount of taxes that you owe to the Board of Equalization?
5. Explain the function of the California Board of Equalization.
290 - 393 - 1441 - 748
Tax Revenue Branch
Final Filing Date:
Tax Revenue Branch 450 N Street, MIC: 12 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.