WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Individuals who possess the qualifications listed above and are currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 college units. Transcripts and proof of enrollment are required. Please complete the Standard State Application (Form 678), http://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/std678.pdf.
Please write the number “345-002-4870-900” on your state application/resume, i.e. Student Assistant (345-002-4870-900).
Under the close supervision of the Treasury Program Manager II, the Student Assistant will be provided on the job training, including familiarizing the Student with career possibilities in State government while performing technical duties in support of the California Pollution Control Financing Authority (CPCFA) program areas.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Analyze, gather and summarize data.
• Assist in developing financial and statistical reports.
• Assist and complete special projects assigned by the TPM II and other professional staff.
• Enter financial information such as loan documents, bank statements, and quarterly reports into the CalCAP databases and other CPCFA databases.
• Prepare and provide technical information about CPCFA to other State agencies, members of the investment community and bond financing professionals, concerning the Authorities various programs.
• Provide back up support to administrative staff; screen and direct telephone calls; review and distribute mail; make calendar appointments for managers in outlook; prepare and deliver agenda packets for board meetings; file completed loan enrollments and bank statements; update materials in binders and files for analysts and managers; and attend meetings on CPCFA related issues.
• Ability to reason logically.
• Ability to write effectively.
• Ability to analyze situations accurately, and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted in the work.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in group settings.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to follow directions.
• Good organizational skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to adjust to changing assignments and priorities.
• Proficient in using a personal computer, including various software packages such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Business, Finance or Marketing major.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fingerprinting and Background Check are required.
345 - 002 - 4870 - 900
Final Filing Date:
Personnel Office 915 Capitol Mall, Room 538 Sacramento, CA 95814
Michelle Bell (916) 653-3100
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.