EQUALIZATION, BOARD OF
Title: STUDENT ASSISTANT
Salary: $1,458.00 - $1,999.00
This position is in the Fourth District, Board Member’s Monterey Park office. In a learner capacity, the Student Assistant will be required to assist the Board Member’s office in a variety of technical and administrative tasks relating to constituent outreach and assistance, case evaluation, and office tasks and duties under the direct supervision of the Board Member’s senior staff. The position is located in a high-rise building.
• Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and VISIO
• Work independently and under stringent deadlines
• Learn policies and procedures related to a Board Member’s office
• Reason logically and write effectively
• Analyze situations accurately and take appropriate action
• Review and print online reference materials to obtain solutions
• Assist in research, review and other related activities in the office
• Operate a personal computer, photocopy machine and other electronic office equipment
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters
• Work in a high-rise building
• This position can range from 15 to 20 hours per week.
• Capable of learning new concepts and new software
• Dependable employee
• Interest in acquiring knowledge of the organization and function of the Board of Equalization
• Interest in assisting taxpayers with tax issues and understanding their rights
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Willingness to adjust to changing assignments and priorities
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
Students who are majoring in, enrolled in, and/or have been enrolled in curriculum relating to Communications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter; State Application; resume; writing sample; unofficial transcripts; proof of application for, or enrollment as a student in, an appropriate college or university program; and at least two references.
||290 - 047 - 4870 - 900
|Board Member Office, 4th District, Sacramento
|Final Filing Date:
|Human Resources Division
450 N Street, MIC: 20
Sacramento, CA 95814
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.