The Physical Therapy Board of California (Board) protects and serves California consumers from the incompetent, unprofessional, and fraudulent practice of physical therapy. The Board receives its authority to regulate the practice of physical therapy in California from the Physical Therapy Practice Act (Chapter 5.7 of the Business and Professions Code) and is special funded. The Board is located a few blocks from the Arden Fair Mall and many other shopping and dining establishments, and we also offer free parking!
The Board is looking for a professional, fast-learning individual with excellent customer service skills, communication and organization skills to serve as a Office Technician (Typing) within its Application & Licensing Services Program (Licensing). The Licensing is responsible for ensuring that qualified applicants are licensed as physical therapists (PT) and physical therapist assistants (PTA) in addition to providing daily services to licensees to ensure licensure requirements are being met in accordance with the Board’s laws and regulations. The Office Technician (Typing) (OT) independently performs the most difficult clerical duties within the Licensing and provides eligibility by processing examination scores, front counter and telephone assistance to applicants, licensees, consumers, and other stakeholders, and performs general office duties in support of the Board’s application and licensing process. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains the Board’s public e-mail box; responds to inquiries regarding licensing requirements, i.e., license status, exam results, etc., researches, identifies appropriate laws and regulations, and gathers statistical data from various resources, CAS, ATS, etc.
• Receives exam scores by accessing FSBPT website, identifies applicants registered for exam, enters exams results into ATS, composes letter to applicant regarding pass/fail, including instructions on next course of action/options, and works closely with FSBPT and licensing analyst regarding discrepancies.
• Answers multiline phone system and responds to inquiries received from applicants, licensees, employers, attorneys, and consumers regarding the licensing process, the license status of both licensees and applicants for licensure for physical therapist (PT) and physical therapist assistants (PTA).
• Updates licensing records; accesses ATS/CAS and updates name and address changes, identifies untimely submittals and forwards to enforcement for action. Responds to inquiries regarding updates, including researches files, ATS, CAS, etc. for history.
• Enters data into ATS for the purpose of issuing initial license, conducts query reports from ATS to verify data entered correctly and work closely with licensing staff in reconciling discrepancies.
• Receives request for fingerprint cards by phone, fax, etc., receipts incoming cards by entering applicant information onto fingerprint log (spreadsheet), submits cards to DOJ for processing criminal history check (FBI/State), consults with DOJ regarding status and/or discrepancies, notifies applicant in writing regarding fingerprint rejections and next course of action, and enters results into ATS.
• Receives, sorts and distributes licensing mail, including filing various documents, i.e., P1E, transcripts, etc. in applicant files and receipting documents into ATS and/or file.
• Maintains licensing filing system; monitors pending application files, i.e., deficient/closed and identifies course of action, i.e., purges applications in accordance with Record Retention Schedule and/or closes applications in accordance with the Board’s licensing requirements, including composing letter to applicant regarding course of action and options. Files various licensing information into files, file cabinets, and boxes.
• Prepares endorsement letters; receives request in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements, researches licensee status, including enforcement history by accessing information on CAS, consulting with enforcement staff, etc., composes letter regarding findings, and submits to appropriate licensing state.
• Assists licensing analyst (AGPA, SSA levels) with general clerical support duties as needed, i.e., making copies, filing, sending faxes, mass mailing, composing letters, etc.
• Serve as Receptionist; provides public counter assistance to applicants, licensees, and public, accesses information on CAS, ATS, files, etc. and provides accurate information in response to inquiries, answers multiline phone system (main-line) and interprets Board’s laws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures and/or transfers to appropriate personnel, processes incoming mail in accordance with Board’s policies and procedures, including open, date stamp, sort, distribute, and account for monies received by calculating and entering amounts into Cashier Log (spreadsheet).
[REMOVE THE BELOW SECTION, IF NOT APPLICABLE]
FINGERPRINTING/BACKGROUND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
This position has access to Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI). Title 11, Section 703(d) of the California Code of Regulations requires criminal record checks of all personnel who have access to CORI. Pursuant to this requirement, incumbents in this position will be required to submit fingerprints to the Department of Justice and be cleared before hiring.
[DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY OF THE BELOW ITEMS]
WHO MAY APPLY: Eligible candidates who are current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former State employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. All methods of appointments, including Training and Development Assignments (T&D) will be considered. All interested applicants must submit a standard State Application Form STD 678 (Rev. 6/2010) with original signature, and must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section of the STD 678. Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. SROA and Surplus candidates are encouraged to apply. Appointment is subject to SROA and State Surplus policies. Surplus candidates must submit a copy of their surplus status letter.
A 60-day candidate pool will be established for this vacancy.
|Office Technician (Typing)
||640 - 110 - 1139 - xxx
|Final Filing Date:
|Apllication & Licensing Services Program
2005 Evergreen Street Ste.1350
Valid Calif. Drivers License