Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,660.00 Posted: 11/22/2013
Job Description: The Position: The Secretary of State’s Project Management Office (PMO) is recruiting a permanent, full-time Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) to serve as a project manager for IT projects within the agency. The Secretary of State's office is comprised of over 500 employees who are dedicated to making government more transparent and accessible in the areas of elections, business, political campaigning, legislative advocacy, and historical treasures. If you enjoy a fast paced and changing environment, this job may be for you. The position is located in downtown Sacramento, near Light Rail, K Street Mall, and other amenities.
• Initiates, plans, executes, controls and closes agency IT projects.
• Develops and maintains project management documentation such as project charters, project plans, issue logs, change logs and risk assessments.
• Provides project management support on IT projects, which will require working with independent oversight, including independent verification/validation, as well as working with the Department of Finance (DOF), the Department of Technology (CalTech), and the Department of General Services (DGS).
• Builds stakeholder project teams, schedules and chairs team meetings, and delivers progress reports to be used by the various Secretary of State (SOS) staff to monitor and assess project progress.
• Works with division managers and program leads to recommend and implement IT projects that support SOS objectives. Delivers presentations to all levels of Agency management, external stakeholders, staff and customers.
• Prepares budgetary and IT reports for the PMO and division staff, as required by CalTech, DOF, DGS or other agencies.
• Prepares Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Statements of Work (SOW), Feasibility Study Reports (FSRs), Economic Analysis Worksheets (EAWs), and Post Implementation Evaluation Reports (PIERs), and a variety of other documentation and reports as needed or required.
• IT project management experience.
• Ability to interact effectively in a collaborative team environment that consists of technical and program team members, agency personnel, and the public.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of Department of General Services (DGS) procurement processes and methodology.
• Knowledge of project management methodologies such as those defined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
• Experience in writing documentation, such as: RFPs, Statements of Work (SOW), Feasibility Study Reports (FSR), Economic Analysis Worksheets (EAW), and Post Implementation Evaluation Reports (PIER), etc.
• Familiarity with the Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM).
Who May Apply: Employees who are currently in the Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) classification or have current list, transfer or reinstatement eligibility for a permanent, full-time appointment to this classification. Appointments are subject to State Restriction of Appointment (SROA) provisions. All applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
Submit Applications To:
Secretary of State
Attn: Frederick Radcliffe
1500 11th Street, Suite 475
Sacramento, CA 95814
Final Filing Date: December 13, 2013
Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist)
785 - 100 - 1312 - xxx
Final Filing Date:
Human Resources 1500 11th Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Frederick Radcliffe 916-653-6974
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.