PARKS AND RECREATION, DEPARTMENT OF
Title: STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL)
Salary: $2,817.00 - $4,579.00
Notice: If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility.
The reporting location for this position is Headquarters in Sacramento. This position will work under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I, of the Business Management Services, Procurement/ CAL-Card Services Unit. This position offers the opportunity to work in a team environment dedicated to the mission of the Department of Parks and Recreation. This position requires the ability to review department issued purchasing documents, classify and track documents using a Microsoft Access database, process and maintain section maintenance agreements, gather and analyze Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise CAL- Card statistical data. This position requires current knowledge of the State Purchasing Program Rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, including but not limited to, those established by the Department of Finance, the Department of General Services (DGS), the Office of Small Business Certification and Resources, DGS Fleet and Asset Management, and the DGS Procurement Division. The positions also requires the ability to interpret various reference sources applicable to purchasing including, but not limited to, Government Code, Public Resources Code, State Contracting Manuals, CAL-Card Purchasing Manual, the State Administrative and Purchasing Authority.
• Knowledge of the State Procurement/Contracting process.
• DGS CAL-PCA Basic Acquisition Certification.
• The incumbent must possess the ability to institute and maintain an atmosphere of high quality customer service.
• Ability to effectively interact with staff at all organizational levels.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under demanding time pressure.
• Ability to organize and establish workload priorities.
• Knowledge of and experience using the State Purchasing Program Rules.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, organize and establish workload priorities, adapt to change, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate with a fairly high degree of independence, and exercise initiative in performing tasks.
• Ability to work well with all levels of administration and the control agencies.
• Ability to reason well, analyze, and use good judgment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point.
Non-Confidential Supplemental Questionnaire:
This non-confidential Supplemental Questionnaire is designed to elicit information regarding
Each applicant’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience in relation to the position for which you are applying.
When completing the Supplemental Questionnaire, if there is a question regarding experience that you do not have, include examples of similar experience that would demonstrate your ability, or potential ability to perform the specific function. Please limit your answers to one paragraph per question. This information will be used in conjunction with the interview to assist the interview panel in determining the most qualified candidate for the position.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNSIRE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The supplemental Questionnaire must include a name and telephone number of a reference who can verify the work and/or experience you describe in each of the following questions:
1. Please describe your experience or knowledge of the State’s procurement process. Give specific examples of your involvement in preparing and/or developing a procurement purchase.
2. Describe the scope of your work experience in researching, interpreting, and applying State Administrative Manual (SAM) policies and procedures, Government Codes, and interacting with control agencies.
3. Describe your experience working with and/or knowledge of the State’s procurement management system(s).
4. Describe your experience with developing collaborative, cooperative relationships with peers, management, and external customers. Provide an example of a task that required you to use your communication, planning, and problem-solving skills.
5. Define what “work ethic” means to you, and how you demonstrate this in your job performance.
This position may require some in-state travel. State housing is not available. For further information regarding this position, please contact Danelle Hosmann at (916) 653-7805.
Please send your Standard State Application, Form 678, to the contact address listed below. Please note the position number on the application and include any necessary documentation required to be eligible for the job.
||549 - 074 - 5157 - 008
|Business Management Services/ Procurement/ CAL-Card Services
|Final Filing Date:
1416 9th Street, Room 1018
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.