Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager I, the Office Service Supervisor II is responsible for supervising and training of Office Technicians and Office Assistants (General). Controls and directs the mail opening process ensuring documents are processed timely in compliance with the established deadlines. SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Applicants must submit STD 678 Application. Applicant must have a valid CA Driver License. Applications must be received by final filing date. The position is located in a high rise building. The position requires the incumbent to be fingerprinted. A LEAP Certification List will be utilized. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
Special Requirements: In addition to the STD 678, response to the following questions must be submitted with your application:
1. Describe your experience in a team environment supervising a group of individuals. In your response, please include the number of employees that you supervised, the specific functions and activities that you managed, and your role and responsibilities as a supervisor. In your response, indicate where your experience was acquired.
2. Describe your supervisory and customer service experience that qualify you to perform the duties and responsibilities of an Office Service Supervisor II. In your response, indicate years of experience and where your experience was acquired.
3. Describe a specific situation where you coached a subordinate or co-worker to enhance his/her job performance. In your response, please describe how you approached this person, the coaching techniques that you utilized, and the outcome. In your response, indicate where your experience was acquired.
4. Describe your supervisory style and why you are qualified for this position.
5. Describe your experience in working with incoming and outgoing mail along processing payments manual & electronically.
290 - 393 - 1150 - 001
Tax Revenue Branch/IMPC
Final Filing Date:
Tax Revenue Branch/IMPC 450 N Street MIC: 08 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.