FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST)
Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,660.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Supervisor, Business Intelligence and Data Services (BIDS) Section, the incumbent will develop and implement data management functions such as enterprise data governance, data acquisition, data matching and data quality by collaborating with governance, business and technology partners. The incumbent will also work on EDR project data-related tasks to review, implement and maintain EDR data deliverables, work products (IDD, DMTS, TSDD, UC, etc), data change requests, etc.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Associate / Staff Information Systems Analyst classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative, handle changing priorities, manage multiple assignments and meet critical deadlines while using tact and good judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience performing detailed analysis, defining business or technical problems and recommending effective solutions.
- Experience with FTB’s Lines of Business and/or business processes.
- Experience (business or technical) with FTB’s Legacy systems (i.e. TI, BETS, INC, ARCS, PASS, eGateway).
- Experience with FTB data and third party data (i.e. IRS data, other state agency data, etc.).
- Experience validating data and/or business rules.
- Experience with FTB’s Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) project data deliverables/work products and/or EDR functionality.
- Familiarity with Data Lifecycle (acquisition through purge) and Data Management functions such as Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Stewardship or Master Data Management.
- Experience with mainframe and/or data transmission methods including SWIFT, IDTS or SFT.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
To be considered for this position, all interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following:
- As a Data Management Specialist you will develop and implement EDM processes, including data governance, data architecture, data modeling & design, data integration & interoperability, reference & master data, meta-data and data quality to support delivery of information. Please describe your knowledge of or experience with two or more of the above
- What specific activities did you perform?
- For whom did you perform the activities?
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Todd Reyes at M/S F-183 . Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- Please also include the following information as it relates to your response:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
|Enterprise Data Management Specialist
||564 - 785 - 1312 - 002
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) $4,619.00 - $6,074.00 |
|Business Intelligence & Data Services Section/Enterprise Data
|Final Filing Date:
Sacramento, CA, 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.