FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST III (TECHNICAL)
Salary: $6,110.00 - $8,030.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under general supervision, the incumbent will perform analytical activities in support of FTB’s Windows environment. Work on complex information technology system problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs. Perform a variety of IT system support tasks including problem analysis, software deployment, capacity analysis and planning, system resource optimization, hardware procurement and implementation, and technical support duties in connection with IT system support and maintenance to achieve the most efficient use of available hardware and software resources.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge and experience installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining Windows server hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Windows server monitoring, performance tuning, patching and hardening, and backups and restores.
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving Windows server hardware and software issues.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, NTFS permissions, and Terminal Services.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, along with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis, define technical problems, reason logically, and recommend effective solutions.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and able to adjust work schedule to meet operational needs which occasionally includes off-hours and on-call support.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work under aggressive timeframes to meet objectives
- Ability to maintain cooperative interpersonal working relationships with customers.
- Two years recent experience managing both local and remote Windows Server 2003, 2008, or 2012
- Information technology systems support, such as installing, evaluating, and maintaining computer software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Internet Information Services and/or SharePoint.
- Experience with command line, Visual Basic, and Power Shell scripting.
- Experience identifying emerging trends in IT and researching and evaluating technology products.
- Working knowledge of VMware or other virtualization technology and support of a virtual server environment.
- Working knowledge of SAN environments.
- High degree of self-motivation and a passion for excellence in customer service
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Jessie Dykeman at M/S A-115. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
|Windows Server Administrator
||564 - 701 - 1367 - 001
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST II (TECHNICAL) $5,561.00 - $7,310.00 |
|Server Management Section / 701
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.