FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ASSISTANT INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST
Salary: $3,106.00 - $5,050.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction and supervision of the Data Processing Manager II and the technical assistance of the Sr ISA, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with analyzing application changes on internal web applications and forms. During the various stages of the system development life cycle, the incumbent actively participates in: analyzing system requirements, business and design walk throughs, developing and executing test scripts, verify system changes meet desired objectives, creating and updating test scripts, and validating test results. The incumbent may also participate in the analysis of system enhancements and/or defects which may include customer contact, writing application requirments, conducting walk throughs with the technical team, and scribing meeting notes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Ability to perform detailed analysis, define technical problems and recommend effective solutions
- Knowledge of operating systems, applications, networking components and their interrelationships
- Ability to work with users and technical staff to seek effective improvements and solutions to issues during the SDLC
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally in a courteous, professional manner
- Self motivated and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to perform job tasks during stressful working conditions (e.g., tight deadlines, heavy workload, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft software tools (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) as well as IBM Rational Clear Quest
- Willingness to adjust work schedule to meet operational needs
- Ability to develop and implement test plans for the least complex issues in accordance to user requirements. This includes writing test scripts and scenarios, estimating costs and time frames, determining test objectives and expected results
- Ability to write concise requirements taking the customers business requirements and detailing out specific requirements to meet the developers and testers needs
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: DeeAnn Chan, at MS L-240. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
||564 - 793 - 1479 - 001
|Internal Web & Administrative Systems
|Final Filing Date:
Sacramento, CA, 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.