Job Description: Notice: If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility.
The reporting location for this position is at Headquarters in Sacramento. This position will work under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I. The incumbent will independently perform the full range of the more responsible and complex analysis related to the personnel management program. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of analytical tasks and projects related to classification allocation, appropriate pay levels, organizational structure, hiring, progressive discipline consultation, adverse actions, procedure writing and other related activities in support of the personnel services function. Occasional travel to conduct Classification and Pay training classes may be required.
• Knowledge and experience with Classification & Pay
• Knowledge of California Department of Human Resources, State Personnel Board and State Controller’s Office laws and rules
• Ability to organize and establish workload priorities and work well under pressure
• Ability to exercise initiative and flexibility
• Ability to work effectively both independently and cooperatively with others
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, and possess excellent clerical skills
• Ability to reason well and use good judgment
• Dependable, punctual, with an excellent attendance record
• Knowledge of modern office methods and equipment, including experience with personal computers utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
The hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.State housing is not available. This position is pending Executive Personnel Review Committee approval. For further information regarding this position, please contact Melissa Hansen at (916) 653-3416 or Melissa.Hansen@parks.ca.gov.
Please send your Standard State Application, Form 678, to the contact address listed below. Please note the position number on the application and include any necessary documentation required to be eligible for the job.
549 - 066 - 5142 - 014
Personnel Services Section / Classification and Pay Unit
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.