Title: TAX TECHNICIAN III, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $2,951.00 - $3,696.00 Posted: 10/17/2013
This position is located in Riverside, CA. Under the general direction of the Business Taxes Administrator I or Business Taxes Compliance Supervisor II, the Tax Technician III is responsible for the most difficult and complex technical duties. The incumbent independently makes initial contact with taxpayers on the less difficult tax leads and use tax cases, determines action to be taken, and follows-up accordingly including determining leads not warranting pursuit. The incumbent will receive an additional $100.00 per month pay differential. The position is located in a high-rise building. All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
Please submit your responses to the following any applications received without them will not be considered for an interview:
1. Describe your experience using a personal computer and the use of various programs including the use of spreadsheets, word, and data entry.
2. Describe your customer service experience.
3. Describe your experience with general office tasks.
4. Describe your knowledge of the programs administered by the Board of Equalization.
5. Describe your knowledge of the Board of Equalization’s electronic services.
6. Describe the difference between “sales tax” and “use tax”.
290 - 467 - 1975 - 006
Final Filing Date:
SUTD/UTAS/Riverside 3737 Main Street, Ste. 1000 Riverside CA 92501
Vickie Vassiliou (951) 682-3607
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.