Title: TAX TECHNICIAN III, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $2,951.00 - $3,696.00 Posted: 10/17/2013
This position is located in Riverside, CA. Under the general direction of the Business Taxes Administrator I or Business Taxes Compliance Supervisor II, the Tax Technician III is responsible for the most difficult and complex technical duties. The incumbent independently makes initial contact with taxpayers on the less difficult tax leads and use tax cases, determines action to be taken, and follows-up accordingly including determining leads not warranting pursuit. This position is located in a high-rise building. The incumbent will receive an additional $100.00 per month pay differential. All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
Please submit your responses to the following any applications received without them will not be considered for an interview:
1. Describe your experience using a personal computer and the use of various programs including the use of spreadsheets, word, and data entry.
2. Describe your customer service experience.
3. Describe your experience with general office tasks.
4. Describe your knowledge of the programs administered by the Board of Equalization.
5. Describe your knowledge of the Board of Equalization’s electronic services.
6. Describe the difference between “sales tax” and “use tax”.
290 - 467 - 1975 - 005
Final Filing Date:
SUTD/UTAS/Riverside 3737 Main Street, Ste.1000 Riverside CA 92501
Vickie Vassiliou (951) 682-3607
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.