“Will consider both levels for recruitment purposes”
PLEASE STATE THE SOURCE OF YOUR ELIGIBILITY (I.E., LIST ELIGIBILITY, SROA, SURPLUS EMPLOYEE, ETC.) If your source of eligibility is LIST ELIGIBILITY please provide proof of eligibility for admittance to the SSA examination, i.e., college degree or transcript of completed number of units required for admittance to the exam. List the number (“820-515-4223-005”) next to the classification on your application/resume (i.e., [Assoc TPO 820-515-4223-005]). If you do NOT indicate the source of your eligibility, you may not be considered for an interview.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager of the Interim Finance Section (IFS), the incumbent analyzes financial activities of State bond programs, provides technical support for the State’s interim financing programs and coordinates with other section staff in carrying out financial program duties. The following are the essential functions. The complexity of the duties will be modified to be consistent with the classification of the candidate hired.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Creates, develops and maintains electronic spreadsheets to monitor and report financial activities of bond proceeds and investments for various bond programs as well as Ratings and LOC exposure. Reconciles accounts with agencies and banks. Prepares and reviews Claim Schedules for Debt Service. Serves as liaison with other agencies and divisions for matters related to Debt Service. Interacts with the Information Technology division for matters related to the Debt Management System. Records and maintains information in Debt Management System.
• Analyzes financial activities to ensure compliance with overall policies and specific plans developed for each bond program. Coordinates activities with Securities Clearance Management Division, Investment Division, Cash Management Division and other agencies.
• Conducts various research assignments, as requested. Back up other analysts as necessary; other duties as requested.
• State finance, accounting or other financial experience.
• Strong technical, analytical and writing skills.
• Strong computer skills, including the use of standard application software (i.e., Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access).
• Ability to work independently and accurately within a dynamic environment and restrictive timeframes.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fingerprinting and Background Check are required.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Individuals who possess the qualifications listed above and are interested in a lateral transfer or have list eligibility as Staff Services Analyst, or Associate Treasury Program Officer.
This position is subject to the SROA clearance policies. Surplus employees who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply. Employees in the State Treasurer’s Authorities and Commissions are encouraged to apply if interested in the position. ONLY THE MOST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Staff Services Analyst
820 - 515 - 5157 - xxx
Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSOCIATE TREASURY PROGRAM OFFICER $4,400.00 - $5,508.00
Final Filing Date:
Personnel Office 915 Capitol Mall, Room 538 Sacramento, CA 95814
Nicole Yousefi (916) 653-3100
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.