FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR IV, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $7,453.00 - $8,887.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Director of the Processing Services Bureau, the incumbent will assist departmental leadership in planning, developing, and managing the policies, strategic direction and business practices for department’s return analysis and processing functions. The incumbent will direct the activities of the Information Validation Section and Business Entities Section. Responsibility of these sections includes, but is not limited to, validation, analysis and processing of the department’s personal and corporate income tax returns, information and payments; the various non-tax information and payments; and the exempt organization program. Finally, the incumbent directs the transition of the major operational and policy changes with the implementation of the Enterprise Data to Revenue Project (EDR) project.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of the department’s processing, data capture, and validation functions for both tax and non tax programs.
- Knowledge and experience with the Enterprise Data to Revenue project and its objectives.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic, tactical and operational plans and lead the organization in achieving its goals.
- Skill to effectively organize information to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Skill to recognize and determine the need to shift priorities, and/or resources to maximize operations and/or address changes in assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to create a work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation and seeks innovative solutions to problems.
- Skilled in establishing cooperative working relationships and gains support of key individuals to ensure goals are accomplished.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, program management and change management skills.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and information, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in creating an environment of trust and cohesive working relationships in an organization.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Energetic and highly motivated; demonstrated creating a trusting and supportive environment, encouraging success and showing understanding.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written page in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of the pages. Respond to the following supplemental question:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Roger Lackey at M/S L-170 . Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- EDR has and will bring significant policy, procedure, workload, and cultural changes to the Processing Services Bureau and its services. Please provide an example of how you successfully led the implementation of significant changes in your organization.
- What was the change?
- What did you do?
- What was the outcome as a result of your actions/leadership?
- What did you learn through this experience?
- Please include the following information as it relates to your response:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name and phone number who can verify the information
|PSB Assistant Bureau Director, Return Analysis
||564 - 729 - 4346 - 002
|Processing Services Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.