Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II (SSM II), Contract Services Section Manager, the SSM I will directly supervise four contract analysts and one management services technician, provide direction and guidance in all phases of solicitation and contract development, and ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisitions are awarded legally and objectively. Review all contracts to ensure compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, and policies. Regularly meet with staff individually and in groups to monitor workloads and ensure contract requests are handled in a timely manner. Assist the section manager with developing and maintaining appropriate policies and procedures for effective implementation of contracts.
Candidates should have recent experience in California State contracting. The most desirable qualifications include:
- Experience with conducting competitive solicitations and coordinating contracts
- Knowledge of the Public Contract Code; Government Code; State Contracting Manuals Volumes 1 and 3; and other applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- The ability to reason logically and creatively, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques to resolve issues, analyze data, and effectively present ideas and information
- Excellent organization, written, and oral communication skills
- The ability to promote teamwork and effectively work with staff at all levels
- A positive customer service attitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Access)
Some travel may be required.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Qualified Staff Services Manager I candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. This vacancy may be subject to SROA/Surplus provisions. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their surplus letter with a completed standard State application (STD 678). On page one of your State application you must clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility: list appointment, transfer, SROA, surplus, re-employment, or reinstatement.
If interested in this position, please submit a completed standard State application (std678), resume, and any other relevant documents (e.g. unofficial transcript, copy of degrees, resume, etc.) to Carol MacRae.
||673 - 847 - 4800 - xxx
|Final Filing Date:
|Contract Services Section
1001 I Street, 20th Floor