FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: KEY DATA OPERATOR
Salary: $2,153.00 - $3,064.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Key Data Operators are permanent intermittent employees, working 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday during the tax season (February to July). Overtime may be required during this period. In addition, the Key Data Operators may be required to work beyond tax season if the workloads permit. There are two shifts available:
Key Data Operator tasks include:
- Day Shift (6:00 am to 2:00 pm)
- Swing Shift (2:30 pm to 10:30 pm)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Key enter and verify information from remittance/source documents following written/oral instructions
- Meet production standards or peer group averages, maintain those expectations on a consistent basis
- Meet accuracy expectations
- Offer keying procedure suggestions to clarify or improve work processing
- When requested, perform quality control and correction duties
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Ability to key data from a personal computer screen ranging from at least 6 to 7 hours per day
- Ability to move blocks of returns weighing 0.5 – 20 lbs.
- Ability to transport carts of returns weighing between 45 – 135 lbs.
- Ability to bend, sit, stand, and be mobile
- Ability to sit or stand at a workstation for long periods of time
- Ability to complete tasks that require repetitive wrist, arm, and shoulder actions
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Possess personal qualifications including: integrity, initiative, dependability and good judgement
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Previous data entry experience
- Good attitude
- Excellent attendance
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Willingness to follow a prescribed routine
- Willingness to work under noisy conditions
- Ability to work 40 hours a week plus overtime
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. Candidates who have taken CalHR's Office Assistant (Typing) exam are encouraged to apply as this list will be used appropriately. Office Assistant (Typing) list candidates are required to submit a valid typing certificate with their application package. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Patty Yamamoto at M/S L-150. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
RPA #'s 1314-1276 through 1494 and 1496
- A completed Standard State Application (STD 678)*
- A valid typing certificate is required for Office Assistant (Typing) list candidates only. State departments will honor typing certificates issued within the last four years, and certified from a five (5) minute typing test that meets the CalHR requirements, with a minimum of 40 WPM (words per minute). Typing certificates issued by the Internet or Employment Agencies, and Typing Certificates issued for a typing test under five (5) minutes are not acceptable. For additional information regarding the typing test locations and requirements, please call the CalHR Exam Services Unit
at (866) 844-8671.
|Key Data Operator
||564 - 874 - 1419 - 001
|Information Capture & Banking Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
|Kris Welsh / Regina Brache
(916)845-7128 / (916)845-7220
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.