Title: BUSINESS TAXES SPECIALIST I, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,328.00 - $6,670.00 Posted: 10/03/2013
• This position is located in the Petitions Section of the Headquarters Operations Divisions of the Sales & Use Tax Department. Incumbent will perform in the lead capacity and provide training, guidance, analysis, review, planning and reporting functions for a team of auditors who perform desk audits of petitioned Consumer Use Tax (CUT) liabilities. Incumbent must possess a working knowledge of all of the duties affecting the appeals process of Sales and Use Tax (SUT) petitions for redetermination of CUTS liabilities. Incumbent will also be responsible for their own CUT and SUT petition case workload, and represent the Department at Appeals conferences.
• Interested candidates should have a demonstrated record of effective customer service, including the ability to educate and communicate with all parties regarding complex tax issues, particularly when unfavorable outcomes or circumstances are involved. Ideal applicants must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and a desire to utilize these skills extensively.
• Applicants must also be able to demonstrate the capability and aptitude to understand, accept, and participate in Board technology enhancement projects, and otherwise effectively perform duties in a digital environment.
To be considered for interview, all applicants must provide the following:
1. One page summary explaining why you believe your experience best qualifies you for this position.
2. Three examples of written correspondence you prepared that represents your best:
a. Customer service effort
b. Appeal/petition issue related correspondence
c. Guidance provided to others in a lead or training capacity
15-month limited-term, may become permanent if position becomes permanently available. The position is located in a high rise building. All applicants will be considered however SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
290 - 462 - 4380 - 020
Sales & Use Tax Dept., Petitions Section
Final Filing Date:
Sales & Use Tax Dept., Petitions Section 450 N Street, MIC: 38 Sacramento, CA 95814
Thomas Hopkins (916) 445-2259
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.