Who are we?
The Board of Equalization is a constitutional office that is responsible for collecting property, sales and use taxes, and fees. This revenue supports the state government and provides essential funding for counties, cities and special districts. The mission of BOE is to serve the public through fair, effective and efficient tax administration. The Technology Services Department provides technical support and solutions for the business units within BOE. The Integrated Revenue Information System, commonly referred to as IRIS, is BOE’s corporate database. This position provides technical support for the corporate registration subsystems that are used to support IRIS.
BOE values the importance of work life balance. As a result, many of our positions allow for alternate work week schedules. We are committed to growing all of our talented staff by providing on-the-job and formal training.
The position may become permanent if the necessary funding becomes available and it is located at BOE’s Headquarters office at 450 N St, Sacramento, California. Benefits of working at this location include:
• Close to major freeways, light rail and transit stops
• Enclosed bicycle parking
• Close to shopping and restaurants
• Onsite child day-care facility
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be a member of the corporate registration (CorpReg) team in BOE’s Technology Services Department. You will be responsible for maintaining complex database applications of the Integrated Revenue Information System (IRIS). IRIS runs on a mainframe platform with an Adabas database using the Natural programming language. You will be working with the team or independently to develop new applications and maintain existing programs.
• Knowledge of systems analysis, design, coding and unit testing
• Ability to work independently and as team member
• Ability to quickly learn and understand new IT concepts
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated, reliable, and dependable
• Knowledge of relational database structure table views
• Excellent customer service and analytical skills
• Experience with the z/OS IBM mainframe platform
• Knowledge of Natural/ADABAS
• Knowledge of SQL/ SQL
• Knowledge of COBOL
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products
All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
290 - 381 - 1581 - 900
Technology Services Department
Final Filing Date:
Technology Services Department 450 N Street, MIC: 26 Sacramento, CA 95814
Lety Medrano (916) 323-4329
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.