Title: BUSINESS SERVICE OFFICER I (SPECIALIST) Salary: $3,658.00 - $4,579.00 Posted: 09/20/2013
The Secretary of State’s Office, Management Services Division is recruiting to fill a permanent, full-time Business Services Officer I (Specialist) position to perform a variety of functions for an exciting and fast-paced organization. The position is located in downtown Sacramento, near Light Rail, K Street Mall, and other amenities in the rich architectural styled building.
DUTIES: Under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I, the Business Services Officer I (Specialist) is responsible for performing a variety of difficult and complex technical and analytical work in the Business Services unit of the Secretary of State’s Office (SOS).
Specific duties include:
• Analyze Intra Office Requisitions for compliance with current provisions of the State and the SOS’s procurement policies and procedures. Review and/or develop justification statements to support or deny restrictive bidding requests.
• Obtain appropriate approvals from various control units within Department of General Services (DGS) and California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation when necessary.
• Review and/or develop specifications for equipment, supplies, make recommendations on products and sources which effect more economical or effective procurements in terms of usage, cost, maintenance and/or other constraints.
• Determine if incoming material meet predetermined specifications and authorize acceptance or rejection of material.
• Solicit vendors regarding specifications, delivery schedules, and prices.
• Analyze bid responses and quotations to insure response(s) comply with solicitation document requirements.
• Evaluate bids and award purchase orders to lowest/best value, responsive bidder. Investigate complaints and discuss problem resolution among vendors, users, and other agencies, such as DGS, as necessary.
• Coordinate and monitor quality control issues among vendors, users, and control agencies and prepare appropriate quality control reports and documentation.
• Authorize change orders to purchase or service contracts and adjustments to invoices to resolve expenditure discrepancies.
• Prepare and maintain all appropriate and pertinent file documentation as required by State and Federal Policies and Procedures to support a centralized procurement function.
• Prepare Stock/Receive Report for incoming orders placed through the SOS’s Acquisition and Services Tracking and Reporting On-line System by verifying items ordered against the items received.
• Distribute supply requests/orders by delivering to designated offices, persons, or areas.
• Participate in special projects and work groups as assigned. Provide backup support in other Business Services areas such as property control, supply and warehouse inventory control.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should be self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and the ability to be flexible, and have the willingness to learn new duties. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively both in writing and possess the ability to make effective presentations to management and develop cooperative working relationships with vendors and other State Agencies. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a group/team environment; prioritize and schedule work effectively. Candidates should have experience and working knowledge of State procurement and contracting processes. Candidates must have at least an intermediate skill level on office PC software, to include Microsoft Office 2007, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Outlook that directly impact assignments and is willing to learn new programs as they are incorporated in the Business Services operations. This is a challenging position that demands flexibility, the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely fashion. Punctuality and good attendance are essential.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must submit a clearly titled Statement of Qualifications detailing how he/she meets the “Desirable Qualifications” listed above. The Statement of Qualifications should be no more than two pages long and submitted in Arial 12 point font.
WHO SHOULD APPLY: Incumbents currently at the Business Service Officer I (Specialist) class, or who have current list, transfer or reinstatement eligibility for a permanent, full time appointment to this classification. Appointments are subject to State Restriction of Appointment (SROA)/ provisions. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed (state the basis of your eligibility on line #12 of the application). Applications submitted without a Statement of Qualifications will not be considered. Resumes are optional but will not be accepted in lieu of a Statement of Qualifications.
WHERE TO APPLY: Candidates should submit a standard State of California application (STD 678) and Statement of Qualifications to:
Secretary of State
Human Resources Office
1500 11th Street, Room 475
Sacramento, CA 95814
ATTN: Mike Scorza
FINAL FILING DATE: Extended to October 18, 2013
Business Services Officer I (Specialist)
785 - 200 - 4720 - 007
Final Filing Date:
Human Resources 1500 11th Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Mike Scorza 916-653-6974
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.