Job Description: PLEASE STATE THE SOURCE OF YOUR ELIGIBILITY (I.E. LIST ELIGIBILITY AND SCORE, SROA, SURPLUS EMPLOYEE, ETC.) If you do NOT indicate the source of your eligibility, you may not be considered for an interview. Also, write the number “820-370-1581-001” next to the classification on your application/resume, i.e., Staff Programmer Analyst (Spec) (820-370-1581-001).
The Financial Information System for California ((FI$Cal) project has overall responsibility for the procurement, development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of the automated applications and systems that will support the control agency functions of the State Treasurer’s Office (STO), State Controller’s Office (SCO), Department of Finance (DOF), and the Department of General Services (DGS) and that will deliver the FI$Cal solution to the State.
In support of STO’s partnership and participation in the FI$Cal project, this position is located at the FI$Cal project. The position functions under the general direction of STO’s Director of the Centralized Treasury & Securities Management Division and reports to and receives assignments from the STO’s Treasury Program Manager III located at FI$Cal, the STO’s Partner Business Executive located at FI$Cal, and FI$Cal project management,
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Works independently or in collaboration with other technical staff or business Subject Matter Experts to develop detailed business requirements for proposed applications and systems.
• In an independent or collaborative capacity, analyzes, documents, and designs solutions based on business requirements and analyzes, procures, develops, tests, documents, and implements complex applications and systems that implement the solutions.
• Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations or solutions regarding business requirements delivered in applications and systems.
• Provides training to end users on the use of the applications and systems.
• Makes technical decisions with respect to applications and systems and business solutions, and maintains a high degree of technical expertise and versatility in recommending, designing, constructing, implementing, and evaluating new complex information technology systems.
• Assists in the development of application and system interfaces.
• Assists in the conversion of data between applications and systems.
• Works in an independently or collaboratively with other technical staff or business Subject Matter experts.
• Analyzes and resolves implementation and production problems, which may require modifying, testing, documenting, and executing changes for some of the more complex applications and systems.
• Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations or solutions regarding application and system modifications.
• Makes technical decisions and maintains a high degree of technical expertise and versatility in recommending, designing, modifying, implementing, and evaluating business needs as delivered by complex information technology applications and systems.
• Troubleshoots design, implementation, and production problems and abnormalities, and provides assistance in the implementation of product upgrades.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Thrive in a collaborative, dynamic matrix organization
• Enjoy working in a challenging environment
• Adjust to evolving priorities and challenges
• Work as a team member to meet goals and objectives
• Show dedication and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Communicate diplomatically and effectively, both orally and in writing
• Logically plan and organize the work
• Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships
• Use initiative and independent judgment in resolving issues
• Recognize, support, and perform in the project environment
• Willingness to work excess hours to achieve project schedule requirements
LOCATION OF WORK:
This position is headquartered at the FI$Cal Project. The FI$Cal Project site is currently located at 2000 Evergreen, Sacramento, CA.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fingerprinting and a background check are required.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Individuals who possess the qualifications listed above and have eligibility as a Staff Programmer Analyst (Spec), those within transfer range, or individuals who have list eligibility. This position is subject to the SROA clearance policies. Surplus employees who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply. Employees in the State Treasurer’s Office and Authorities and Commissions are encouraged to apply if interested in the position.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.