FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL)
Salary: $2,817.00 - $4,579.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator II, Filing Analysis and Budget Unit, incumbent performs work assignments and serves as the primary support for the Filing Divisions' Bureau Directors & Section Managers regarding bureau and section resource and fiscal management. Provides guidance and support in the planning, development, implementation and coordination of activities associated with annual and monthly personal services and OE&E resource management activities. Provides leadership and direction to bureau and section managers in maintaining monthly resource management plans, reporting monthly expenditures and maintaining position control of division resources. Provides assistance to the Filing & Technology Division Chiefs & Bureau Directors in meeting program workload and resource needs. Represents and acts on behalf of the Divisions in completion of various issue papers and projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Cooperative interpersonal skills; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible and accountable.
- Flexible and able to work under changing priorities; takes initiative.
- Readily accepts the challenges of working with multiple priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Familiarity with FTB & Filing Division’s organization, operations, and programs.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Possess completed Staff Work knowledge and experience
- Willingness to learn and thrive in an environment of change.
- Sense of humor.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than onetype-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Amelia Russell at M/S F-284. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- The departmental budget process is cyclical, not only on an annual basis but also on a monthly basis. Certain times are historically busy with budget drills, reports and customer requests all due at the same time. In addition, while some periods are fast-paced and chaotic, there are also times when there is a lull in the work.
- Describe how you would handle the busy times with competing priorities and also describe what you would do when routine work is not available.
|Resource Management Specialist/Budget Analyst
||564 - 735 - 5157 - 002
|e-Programs & Budget Section /Filing Analysis & Budget Unit
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
|Amelia Russell/Genessa Maestas
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.