Title: BUSINESS TAXES SPECIALIST II, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,573.00 - $7,326.00 Posted: 09/13/2013
Under the general supervision of the Business Taxes Administrator III, Compliance and Technology Section, the Compliance Policy Specialist (Specialist) personally performs the most difficult, specialized and highly complex projects or assignments, in the exploration and development of sales and use tax programs. The Specialist provides technical and project management guidance and leadership to a group performing a wide variety of complex and sensitive assignments related to development, revision and implementation of policies and procedures for statewide compliance program. The Specialist performs tax program policy research and explains multifaceted tax issues to Board management, taxpayers and representatives. Identifies sources of sales and use tax revenue that might otherwise go uncollected. Provides Board management with information and analysis to be used to improve the Board's compliance program, guides the development and maintenance of automated compliance processes and systems. The position is located in a high rise building. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
To be considered for this position and granted an interview, you must complete and submit the Supplemental Questionnaire with your application. When answering the supplemental question, please respond in typed double spaced pages.
Please respond to the following supplemental statements:
1. The BTS II acts as a lead person over a group of BTS I’s. What is your experience in leading professional level employees, including reviewing and editing their work? Please explain and provide details.
2. Please describe your experience or involvement in implementing a new statewide policy or procedure within the BOE.
3. Please describe your experience in writing or editing reports, Issue Papers or BVA’s including the use of charts and graphs.
4. What are your experiences with dealing with upper management or Board members? Please explain and give examples.
5. What is your experience in the Board’s Compliance Collection Program and ACMS?
6. Please explain your knowledge and experience of dual determinations.
An additional writing sample will be required by the selected candidates prior to an interview.
290 - 473 - 4379 - 022
SUTD/TPD/Compliance Policy Unit
Final Filing Date:
SUTD/TPD/Compliance Policy Unit 450 N Street, MIC: 40 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.