FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: SENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST (SPECIALIST)
Salary: $5,571.00 - $7,322.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
As part of the Business Intelligence Reporting and External Data Unit within the Business Intelligence and Data Services Section, the incumbent will develop complex extract, transform and load (ETL) processes to support reports and ad hoc requests for data. The incumbent is responsbible for working with business analysts and customers to provide data from existing data mart/warehouses, and to develop, maintain and enhance reports. The incumbent will provide reports in a secure and efficient manner using and administering various reporting technologies. The incumbent will provide quality assurance on ad hoc data results and reports.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Staff / Senior Programmer Analyst (Specialist) classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence best practices as well as System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Programming knowledge and experience using technologies such as COBOL, Natural, VB, C#, T-SQL, Java.
- Development experience using reporting technologies like Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Business Objects, and Excel.
- Development experience using ETL technologies like DataStage, SSIS and Informatica.
- Familiarity with programming/tuning relational databases, particularly Sybase, MS SQL Server, or DB2.
- Business program and/or FTB system experience (TI, BETS, INC, ARCS, PASS, ARMR, ECAIR, PASS MI, PIT RDM, SOW).
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and deliver excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in both team and individual settings – with all levels of staff throughout FTB and other departments.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to exercise high degree of initiative, define problems and recommend effective solutions.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Heath Rickling or Roger Scott at M/S F-183. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
RPA #1314-0767 & 1314-0768
|Business Intelligence ETL and Report Developer/Project Lead
||564 - 785 - 1583 - 002
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
STAFF PROGRAMMER ANALYST (SPECIALIST) $5,065.00 - $6,660.00 |
|Business Intelligence & Data Services Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
|Heath Rickling / Roger Scott
(916)845-5448 / (916)845-5214
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.