FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST III (TECHNICAL)
Salary: $6,110.00 - $8,030.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the administrative direction of the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Supervisor, Business Intelligence and Data Services (BIDS) Section vacancies exist for both an Enterprise Data Management Lead and an EDR State Data Lead. The two Leads will be responsible for complimentary and compatible data management workloads discussed below.
Enterprise Data Management Lead
The incumbent will serve as technical lead for the EDM staff in order to develop and implement EDM governance processes and functions including metadata, master data management, data design/modeling, data quality, data standards and data integration and services to support delivery of information as a shared service to support service oriented architecture.
EDR State Data Lead
The incumbent will serve as technical lead for the EDR State Data staff in order to review, implement and maintain EDR data deliverables, work products (IDDs, TSDDs, UCs, etc), data change requests, etc. Lead EDR Data Architecture efforts to analyze and design solutions, serve as technical liaison, develop and maintain documentation including enterprise data models, EDAT standards and other architecture-related documentation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Systems Software Specialist III (Technical) classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Enterprise Data Management Lead
- Experience leading and assigning technical tasks to other staff in order to prioritize, balance workloads and/or match employees’ skills to assignments.
- Experience reviewing the work of peers to ensure completeness, accuracy, quality and timeliness of work, as well as, provide feedback.
- Experience with FTB’s Lines of Business and/or business processes.
- Experience with FTB’s Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) project data deliverables/work products, data architecture and/or data functionality.
- Experience with DAMA DMBOK, Data Governance or Data Management best practices.
EDR State Data Lead
- Experience performing detailed analysis, defining technical problems and recommending effective solutions.
- Experience (business and/or technical) with FTB’s Legacy systems (i.e. TI, BETS, INC, ARCS, PASS, eGateway).
- Experience configuring or using IBM InfoSphere suite of tools (Business Glossary, FastTrack, Metadata Workbench, Initiate, Information Analyzer).
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Experience performing detailed analysis, defining technical problems, recommending effective solutions and design.
- Experience (technical) with FTB’s Legacy systems (i.e. TI, BETS, INC, ARCS, PASS, eGateway).
- Experience with a large, multi-year, multi-release, multi-repository project.
- Experience configuring or implementing Sybase PowerDesigner, IBM InfoSphere suite of tools (QualityStage, DataStage, Business Glossary, FastTrack, Metadata Workbench, Initiate, Information Analyzer).
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Todd Reyes at M/S F-183. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
RPA #1314-0769 & 1314-0770
- As a Lead you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing EDM processes, including data governance, data architecture, data modeling & design, data integration & interoperability, reference & master data, meta-data and data quality to support delivery of information. Please describe your knowledge of and experience with two or more of the above.
- What specific activities did you perform?
- For whom did you perform the activities?
- Please include the following information as it relates to the situation(s) you describe in the supplemental application:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Systems Software Specialist III
||564 - 785 - 1367 - 001
|Business Intelligence & Data Services Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.