Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary/Tribal Advisor, the Office Technician (Typing) independently preforms a variety of clerical support to the Commission, the professional staff, and the Executive Secretary/Tribal Advisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for scheduling appointments, direct correspondence, and for providing secretarial assistance to the Executive Secretary/Tribal Advisor.
• Answer and screen incoming telephone calls, electronic mail, and regular mail received by the Commission from state agencies, local agencies, federal agencies, the legislature, tribal governments, various Indian organizations, developers, and the general public.
• Greet visitors and answer general questions regarding the operations and procedures of the Commission and Tribal Advisor.
• Maintain filing system for correspondence, expense claims, forms, and conflict of interest statements for staff and Commissioners.
• Assist staff with written correspondence for environmental documents, sacred lands file checks and other related assignments.
• Track requests for sacred lands searches and California tribal governments in response to Government Code Section 65352.3. Send results of scared land searches and tribal government request to the appropriate parties.
• Knowledge of California Native American tribes and tribal governments. • Familiar with archaeology and anthropology. • Experience with apple computers. • Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally with staff and the public. • Good attendance and dependability.
• Good organizational skills and self-motivation.
• Prolonged periods of sitting.
• Daily use of phone, fax, copiers and general office and communication equipment.
• Frequent use of computer and related software applications and the Internet at a workstation.
• Transport and lift up to 20 pounds.
Native American Heritage Commission
1550 Harbor Blvd., Rm. 100
West Sacramento, CA 95691
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit application (found at www.jobs.ca.gov) & typing certificate to:
Native American Heritage Commission
c/o California State Lands Commission
Human Resources Office
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100-South
Sacramento, CA 95825-8202
NOTE: A Valid Typing Certificate is required for this position. Visit www.jobs.ca.gov for information about obtaining a typing certificate.
WHO MAY APPLY:
State employees with transfer eligibility, reinstatement eligibility, or employment list eligibility. Transfers from surplus agencies or individuals on SROA will be given first consideration.
Former State Employees with reinstatement eligibility or employment list eligibility.
Non-State employees who have already taken an examination for this job classification and have established employment list eligibility.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.