Title: DATA PROCESSING MANAGER II Salary: $5,849.00 - $7,688.00 Posted: 08/08/2013
The manager of the Automated Compliance Management System (ACMS) and Desktop Applications Unit (DAU) is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the application development and support functions of the unit. Additionally, the manager will provide management, supervision and high-level technical leadership for multiple computing environments. ACMS is a 3-tier, client-server application with desktop, Unix, and mainframe components. DAU applications are built using object-oriented tools and techniques as well as relational databases. The DAU applications include stand-alone solutions, enterprise solutions that share databases, and commercial off the shelf solutions.
• Knowledge of team building and consensus decision making methods to promote effective team interaction and collaboration with customers and peer organizations.
• Knowledge of industry standards and best practices in the areas of application lifecycle management and systems development.
• Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of personnel management techniques and practices.
• Ability to communicate in a professional and persuasive manner both verbally and in writing.
• Willingness to work in a high rise building.
• SROA/Surplus candidates are encouraged to apply. (If applicable, please indicate on your application you are an
SROA/Surplus candidate and attach a copy of your SROA/Surplus letter.) Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Please state your eligibility for this position under the Explanations section of your application.
290 - 381 - 1384 - 016
Technology Services Department
Final Filing Date:
Technology Services Department 450 N Street, MIC: 26 Sacramento, CA 95814
Alice Miller (916) 323-1394
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.