The Return Analysis and Allocation Section (RAAS), within the Sales and Use Tax Department, is looking for a motivated team player to join our exciting and diverse team as a Staff Services Analyst (SSA). Under the supervision of a Business Taxes Administrator III, the incumbent performs a wide variety of analytical staff work.
Typical duties include (but are not limited to):
Creating and reviewing assignments, reports, and correspondence; documenting processes and procedures, and identifying process improvements; representing RAAS in meetings, work groups, and on special projects; collecting and analyzing statistics.
The position requires the incumbent to:
Adhere to departmental policies and procedures; develop knowledge and skill sets related to specific tasks, methodologies, and projects; complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner; communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Applicants who do not submit a complete Standard State Application (Std. 678) and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire by the final filing date will not be considered for interview. Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Desirable qualities include the ability to:
Adjust to changing priorities; maintain excellent organizational skills; pay great attention to detail; build cooperative working relationships; have tact and good judgment.
Who may apply:
Eligible candidates who are current State employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former State employees who can reinstate into this class, or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification may apply. A Training and Development Assignment (T&D) may be considered. Appointment is subject to SROA and State surplus policies. The position is located in a high-rise building. Training and development assignments may be considered.
How to apply:
1) Applicants must submit a Standard State Application (Std. 678), with original signature, by the final filing date. Please indicate the classification for which you are applying and the Position Number. In the 'Explanation' Section of your application, please state the basis of your eligibility to this classification (e.g., lateral transfer, list eligibility, reinstatement, etc.).
2) Applicants must also submit a response to the following Supplemental Questionnaire by the final filing date. Provide a typed response of no more than two pages. Answer all questions and ensure your responses are complete and specific.
1. Describe the training and education you have completed in preparation of becoming a Staff Services Analyst. Also describe the skills and experience you have that make you the most qualified candidate for this position.
2. Briefly describe your experience with personal computers, common office software, databases, automated systems, and website maintenance (For example: IRIS, ACMS, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, Project, PD Info, OrgPlus, and SharePoint). How frequently do you use each? What is your skill level with each?
3. Describe a situation in which you identified a problem, evaluated options, and made a recommendation to management. What was the problem and who was impacted? How did you generate and evaluate your alternatives? What was the outcome?
||290 - 450 - 5157 - 009
|SUTD / Hq Operations Division
|Final Filing Date:
|SUTD / Hq Operations Division
450 N Street, MIC: 32
Sacramento, CA 95814