Job Description: Notice: If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility.
The reporting location for this position is the Certification Unit at Headquarters in Sacramento. This position will work under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I. The incumbent will be responsible for administering the work associated with the Department’s Certification Unit and will act as lead person over clerical staff. The Certification Unit is responsible for tasks including but not limited to: preparing and releasing the weekly Career Opportunity Bulletin; processing all Requests for Personnel Action (DPR 81); coordinating the ordering of employment inquiries and certification lists; determining appropriate certification list usage; coordinating and/or verifying candidate eligibility; applying Department of Human Resources rules and regulation, department policies, and bargaining unit contract provisions; researching and assigning alternate range appointments, and special projects as required. This position will act as backup support for the Peace Officer Selection Unit.
• Knowledge and experience within a Personnel Office in State government
• Knowledge of Department Human Resources and State Controller's Office laws and rules
• Ability to organize and establish workload priorities and work well under pressure
• Ability to exercise initiative and flexibility
• Ability to work effectively both independently and cooperatively with others
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, and possess excellent clerical skills
• Ability to reason well and use good judgment
• Dependable, punctual, with an excellent attendance record
• Knowledgeable of modern office methods and equipment, including experience with personal computers utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
This position is pending Executive Personnel Review Committee approval. State housing is not available. For further information regarding this position, please contact Melissa Hansen at Melissa.Hansen@parks.ca.gov.
Please send your Standard State Application, Form 678, to the contact address listed below. Please note the position number on the application and include any necessary documentation required to be eligible for the job.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.