Join Us! We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, and committed nutrition professional to join the Southern Field Services Unit team and work in Los Angeles-Region 3.
Under the supervision of the Child Nutrition Supervisor I, in the Program Integrity, Compliance and Administration Section, Southern Field Services Unit, the incumbents will:
- Monitor and complete administrative reviews of all sponsors of the National School Lunch Programs and other food programs for compliance with state and federal regulations
- Conduct nutrient analyses of meals served; educate public, profit, and non-profit sponsors
- Provide technical assistance and workshops for sponsors
- Prepare reports and correspondence
- Testify at hearings
- Analyze and interpret laws, regulations, and legislation.
- Flexible: Learn Child Nutrition Programs from others
- Organized: Prioritize important tasks, juggling multiple priorities
- Team Player: Support and collaborate with colleagues, staff, and other stakeholders
- Innovative: Look for new ways to improve current systems to maximize program integrity
- Good Listener: Promote and integrate feedback from internal and external customer
- Correspondent: Review, write, and approve high quality reports, memos, and sensitive documents
- Travel: Travel up to 50 percent
- Good Communicator: Communicate with a diverse population
- Knowledge: Experience and/or education in accounting, finances, budgets and Child Nutrition Programs
- Registered Dietitians preferred
WHO MAY APPLY
Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement). All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form (Std. 678). Employment provisions as outlined by the California Department of Human Resources’ State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. The unit may consider Child Nutrition Assistants for recruitment purposes. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
Candidates MUST include “CNC – Los Angeles Region” on the title section of your state application, otherwise your application may not be considered for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
Nutrition Services Division
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: August 12, 2013
|Child Nutrition Consultant
||174 - 191 - 2160 -
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
CHILD NUTRITION ASSISTANT $3,169.00 - $4,146.00 |
|Los Angeles Region
|Final Filing Date:
|Nutrition Services Division
1430 N Street, Suite 4503