Title: RESEARCH SCIENTIST II (SOCIAL/BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES)
Salary: $5,309.00 - $6,404.00
Under the direction of the Director of Research and Evaluation and administrative supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the Research Scientist II uses his/her research and mental health expertise to contribute to and lead efforts of the evaluation of the public community-based mental health system, with particular focus on the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) and included adult and children’s systems of care. The Research Scientist II will work with other Research Scientists, Research Program Specialists, the MHSOAC Evaluation Committee, and stakeholders to develop, oversee, and lead evaluations of MHSA components and the public mental health system that have been adopted by the Commission. Duties require high level contact with committee members, other State agencies, county mental health directors, county MHSA coordinators, and various stakeholder organizations. This position will focus on leading the development and continuous implementation of a performance monitoring system for California’s public community-based mental health system. This position will also lead dissemination efforts and identify/carry out next steps associated with this system.
- Masters-level or higher preferred
- Experience with developing/implementing mental health performance monitoring systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leading a team and working as a team member
- Experience coordinating activities to completion
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Tactfulness and a positive attitude
- Ability to be flexible in response to a changing workload
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, and dependability
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in a statistical software package (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Word
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
WHO MAY APPLY
Qualified candidates must have eligibility for State employment, be in a reachable rank on an employment list for this classification, be currently in this classification, or have transfer eligibility to this classification.
Failure to submit the following with your application package may result in elimination from the hiring process:
- State Application (STD 678) - Clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility in the “EXPLANATIONS” section located at the bottom of page one.
- Candidates whose eligibility is based on an employment list are asked to submit a copy of their examination results indicating their test score.
- Please write “Research Scientist II - Performance Monitoring” in the “EXAMINATION(S) OR JOB TITLE(S) FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING” section on the STD 678 form.
- Response to Supplemental Question (See Below)
NOTE: Please submit the items above as single-sided documents.
The Mental Health Service Act (MHSA) established the MHSOAC in order to provide oversight of the MHSA, including oversight of its services, systems, and the use of MHSA funds. What role do you believe evaluation could/should play in this capacity?
When responding to the supplemental question, please follow these guidelines:
- Responses must be typewritten or generated by word processing software on 8½” X 11” paper.
- Responses must be limited to one or two brief paragraphs.
- Identify the page with your full name.
ADDITIONAL JOB-RELATED INFORMATION:
The following is a list of additional features related to this job opportunity.
- All interested candidates must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the Explanation section located at the bottom of page one of their application (STD 678).
SUBMIT APPLICATION PACKAGES TO:
Administrative Services Division
ATTN: Lauren Quintero
1300 17th St., Suite 1000
Sacramento, CA 95811
|Research Scientist II
||475 - 550 - 5590 - XXX
|Mental Health Services Oversight & Accountability Commission
|Final Filing Date:
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.