FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR III FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $6,779.00 - $7,847.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Legislative Services Bureau (LSB) provides the services needed to assure that legislation that affects the department’s programs can be administered. The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the department’s development and analyses of proposed legislation that impacts tax administration or tax policy assuring that the department’s program managers are informed of such proposed legislation in a manner that is sensitive to the legislative process. The incumbent manages sensitive and political projects regarding tax administration and tax policy. The incumbent represents the department before legislative committees and in frequent meetings with Legislators, legislative staff, and constituent groups. The incumbent must be independent, detail-oriented, and willing to work after normal business hours.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of the operation of the FTB programs and how they relate and support each other.
- Ability to develop and implement tactical and operational plans and lead the bureau in achieving its goals.
- Skill to analyze and organize information to meet organizational needs and desired outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles and business trends.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternatives.
- Ability to gain and maintain the confidence of others to promote morale and improve working relationships with staff, peers and others.
- Skill to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
- Ability to analyze and apply State and Federal laws and rules, as well as department policies.
- Knowledge of State legislative procedures and processes.
- Confident representing the Department before legislative committees and in meetings with the Legislature.
- Experience presenting complicated information to large groups.
- Experience working on short timeframes and meeting critical deadlines.
- Possess sound judgment, awareness of and sensitivity to potentially political issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate very technical issues in easy to understand terms.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Gail Hall at M/S A-350. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
|Assistant Bureau Director, Legislative Services
||564 - 514 - 4352 - 001
|Legislative Services Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.