All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. This position is located in the Rancho Mirage Branch Office. Under the direction of a Supervising Tax Auditor, the Associate Tax Auditor is typically involved in auditing the more difficult and complex audits and may serve as a lead over less experienced auditors; makes appointments, meets with taxpayers and their representatives; analyzes complex business records, prepares appropriate audit reports, explains the audit findings and responds to tax inquiries. This position is designated as “mobile worker” per Board of Equalization Telework Policy. Possible multiple hires. Meeting the training requirements for this job may require overnight travel for one or more days. The position is located in a high rise building.
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION QUESTIONS:
Associate Tax Auditors are Senior Sales and Use Tax Auditors. As such, they are required to have a good knowledge of Sales and Use Tax Laws, Regulations, policies and audit procedures. This questionnaire is designed to assist in assessing your qualifications for a position as a Senior Tax Auditor in the Sales and Use Tax Department of the Board of Equalization. Applications submitted without a completed questionnaire will not receive further consideration for this position.
Please limit your response to no more than two (2) pages.
1) Because of their sales and use tax audit experience, Associate Tax Auditors audit medium to large businesses and similar size governmental entities to determine if they are in compliance with their reporting requirements under California Sales and Use Tax Law. Please list examples of your experience auditing large or complex businesses. Include the company, type of business, hours to complete and any major or complex errors or issues addressed.
2) Auditing larger businesses requires a good knowledge working with electronic data and statistical sampling to develop a test that will support your conclusion of whether a business has properly reported in a specific area. Please list examples of your experience, including the use of a computer audit specialist and the type of transactions and samples used. Please include any details on how you decided to pull or stratify samples in a large population.
3) Since Associate Tax Auditors audit larger businesses, they tend to become aged. Please describe some of the challenges you have encountered in your audits and the procedures you used to complete them in a timely manner.
4) Because of their expertise of Sales and Use Tax Law and audit procedures, Associate Tax Auditors conduct special projects, instruct law and audit classes for other auditors, train new auditors and prepare written legal advice for taxpayers. Describe your experience in these areas.
5) To assist in evaluating the information you provided, please attach a copy of transmitted audits for the last two years. Your supervisor can run this report for you on “AUD AS” for transmitted to HQ. In addition, everyone invited to interview will be required to bring copies of your evaluations for the last two years along with charge backs for the same period.
290 - 053 - 4281 - 049
SUTD Rancho Mirage Branch Office
Final Filing Date:
SUTD Rancho Mirage Branch Office 3737 Main St Ste 1000 Riverside CA 92501
Ernest Fudge (951) 680-6715
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.