This is an Intermittent position and may work at a maximum of 1500 hours per calendar year.
This position will report directly to the Board Administration and Regulatory Coordination Unit (BARCU) Manager and will provide administrative support to 17 attorneys and the Legal Secretary.
The incumbent will assist the Legal Secretary and 17 attorneys by processing a wide-variety of legal correspondence; review, determine the appropriate location for, and process attorney files for future reference; provide responsible and sensitive administrative assignments without direction; create, type, and proofread letters, memorandums, and other legal and confidential documents for proper format, content, grammar, and conformance with the departmental policies and procedures; assist in gathering and assembling documents for attorney cases; screen incoming correspondence and phone calls and direct to appropriate staff; update Titles 1, 2, 13, 16, 17, and 27 of the California Code of Regulations accordingly; provide regular maintenance of databases utilized by staff; and log, sort, and file an ongoing and extensive amount of Executive Orders.
The incumbent will perform a wide-variety of clerical and administrative assignments for 17 attorneys, the Chief Counsel, and two Assistant Chief Counsel as a major portion of the position. The incumbent will perform related office work required in the preparation and processing of a variety of legal documents; and does other clerical work as required.
Some in-state travel may be required.
The incumbent's work hours will be set by the supervisor between the hours of 8:00AM - 5:00PM, not to exceed 1500 hours per calendar year.
Competitive candidates should be professional and have strong organizational, communication, attention to detail, and excellent computer skills. Applicants should have the ability to work independently with good judgment and work cooperatively and effectively with others. Other highly desirable qualifications are:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Professional, and Outlook applications
- Excellent writing, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse stakeholder groups including the public, and other government agencies
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills are absolutely necessary
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently on multiple projects with strict deadlines is expected
- Creative, self-starter, strong attention to detail, with the ability to tackle challenges effectively
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and thrive in an environment of change
- Punctuality, dependability, and good attendance are a must
- Familiar with working in a legal environment and knowledge of legal terminology
- Work experience in a legal office
- Must have experience working and communicating with the public and executive management
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO THE CONTACT PERSON IN THIS BULLETIN:
WHO MAY APPLY:
Office Technician General candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. This vacancy may be subject to SROA/Surplus provisions. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their surplus letter with a completed standard State application (STD 678). On page one of your State application you must clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility: list appointment, transfer, SROA, surplus, re-employment, or reinstatement.
If interested, please submit a completed standard State application (STD 678) and any other relevant documents (e.g. unofficial transcript, copy of degrees, resume, etc.) to the attention of Lori Andreoni.
ARB is located in the Cal/EPA building in downtown Sacramento, is one block from light-rail, and has daycare facilities.
||673 - 140 - 1139 - XXX
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
OFFICE TECHNICIAN (GENERAL) $15.22 - $18.51 |
|Final Filing Date:
|EO / OFFICE OF LEGAL AFFAIRS
1001 I STREET
SACRAMENTO, CA 95814